• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Decided to see where Google would take us home. One or two single track roads masquerading as real roads but otherwise uneventful. Still took 2.5 hours though.

The heavens have just opened and I've had to dash about closing windows to stop it coming in.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Decided to walk down the garden to rake over the ashes from Saturday's bonfire, only to discover that even with yesterday's rain, there were still glowing embers in the heart of it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Somebody else's meeting has been moved to Thursday. Not the most exciting news, or something I'd usually even find out about - except that the meeting is with the person who might be going to announce the cancellation of the project, depending on several external circumstances! Mind you, they're always extremely busy and the meeting that's been moved is just a regular catchup thing, so it could have been moved for entirely unrelated reasons

Lunch, by the by, was leftover onion bhajis from Saturday's takeaway

And the afternoon has been enlivened by a walk round to the Post Office to dispatch a bunch of forms to the solicitors who are acting for us in the matter of the parental home, said forms having been signed by my brother and sent on to me to do the same, arriving in the post this morning.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The drive down to Sussex was entertaining.

Lots of bits of the A24 were closed and we ended up on a scenic tour of Surrey's back roads.

It's also wet and raining down here.

Should have stayed in London

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar (less a tad), 29.6717 in Hg, 753.66 Torr, 14.5733 psi, (up from 1000 last night), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of October 2019 I made my constitutional to the Viewless Point in Mosshouse Woods via a less dangerous pathway, whereas NF debated on purchasing frozen fish from M&S, Sainsburys, or the Coop, then had a roast pork with apple sauce bap for lunch in contrast to my beans on toast and LM's panini, then NF had a nice cup of tea.

This morning started early due to waking at 06:50ish and arising at 07:00.

The intervening time since then has been occupied with the remaining extras on the Veronica Mars S3 dvd, most of which weren't strikingly inneresting it must be said, the commentary having been recorded rather before they found out there'd be no S4. S4 eventually happened in 2019 on Hulu whatever that is.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and cool breeze.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: TWATO with some Septic oik telling the world we're living in an Islamic State in the UK.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:37.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Dry after the very heavy rain yesterday evening and into the night. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Yesterday HWMBO and I went to the new Picturehouse cinema to see Kinds of Kindness. Absolutely bonkers, thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was much, much rain on our journey there and back. So much that it nearly washed away the parking fine I'd acquired because I'd left my car in a paid for bay, not a residents permit bay. I wonder if that would have been a plausible defence?

Today we are popping down to see Mum as it's nice to take a break from the depressing job hunt.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 11:35. Reason: speling

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rainy grey start out there, though tending more towards the drizzly now. It might stop in a couple of hours, and we may even see a little sunshine towards sunset. Reasonably mild at 14°C heading for 20°, with the barometers down a bit more at 994/1002mB

But one or both of the bin lorries have just arrived, so there's that

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all very dull and overcast out, looked like it was going to tip it down, so I went out in full wet weather gear.
    Not a spit.
    The sky is vaguely brightening.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Delayed going to bed to watch the start of my favourite Bond.

TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bit of old Police Interceptors earlier

And then back to the short stories of H.G. Wells, including The Pearl of Love and The Country of the Blind

It's been raining here most of the time since teatime, and is apparently intending to carry on doing so until around lunchtime tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have noticed, of late, a significant uptick in the number of shifty emails that are Screwfix branded. Have they had a hack of their customer list?
    I've been getting a lot of them too. No idea if they've been hacked, but they're all along the lines of "You have been selected to win a thing" and I've also been getting ones like that for a number of other brands, such as Curry's and Bosch. So I suspect the spammers are just phishing using brand names that they hope will take enough people in

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have noticed, of late, a significant uptick in the number of shifty emails that are Screwfix branded. Have they had a hack of their customer list?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Water meter removed successfully.

Zipcar have refunded me for the fuel I had to buy and the late return fee.

Job hunting not turning up anything.

Picked up new laundry airers from Argos this morning and one is already being pressed into the service of drying the duvet cover.

A light shower of rain came and went.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 16:45.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

And lunch has been leftover crispy duck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X