• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been more Indian food than was strictly necessary from the restaurant past the top of park. Very nice, and there's enough leftovers for a lunch or two

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The viewing went well and, although smaller than I'd like, the flat has a good feeling about it that left me feeling very positive.

I need to do some garden tidying but it's a bit warm out there.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Sunny spells amid clumps of white fluffiness out there today. There seems to be a light breeze too, from the gentle undulations of the huge sycamore beyond the art deco block opposite. It's 18°C which is the peak for today, and the barometers are up a little bit to 1006/1013mB

The lawn is being visited by thrushes (for there are at least two) a lot more than I remember seeing last year. The blackbird seems to be spending more time on there and ranging further than I recall (i.e. this side of the flower bed) as well. But the crows aren't coming round very much just now; I vaguely remember them only making occasional visits in the summer last year. No idea where they're going instead. It's unlikely to be the park, as that's where the seagulls tend to hang out, and I don't suppose proud corvids would want to be seen mixing with a rabble like that

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Apparently there are worms.

Morning

Saturday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17 deg (verging on chilly), 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto, 13 deg in the saltinghouse.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of October 2019 I watched the ep of Jeremiah that had the elephant in it, followed by various skin problem epics, then there was much discussion of the borders laid down by colonial powers, NF watched a couple of eps of Breaking Bad, and WTFH found out how much his op would cost.

Shirts & smalls in the WM.

Shirts & smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

The bit of DIY from yesterday regarding the painting of the brackets for the shelf above the sink was completed & the shelf returned to position.

I am utterly knackered for some reason. I wonder if it's long plague. Or just hayfever.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

It's considerably more cloudy now than it was earlier.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: NZ Highway Patrol for the nth time: the one where a lady drives her car off the road, down a steep bank into a lake/river/sea/whatever and manages to get out safely. Plus the one where some oik in a Toyota something gets into an argument with a trucker driving a truck with a mass about 50 times that of his car, in addition the driving on the wrong side of the road thing they seem so keen on, and some recently import Chev pickup that failed to get its NZ mot thing.

Shirts in of the line & roughly iRoned, airing upstairs, along with the smalls in off the line, uniRoned, and airing upstairs.

Freecell score: abysmal.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Nick wotsisface talking to someone or other.

Iolo Williams looking at stuff again.

Bit of Doctor Who. <click>

Dixon of Dock Green S21 E1 "Target (1974)" with Floella Benjamin and Anthony Steele. The one where the Branch are staking out a house where some mercenary is expected, they having lost him at Heathrow. Apparently the stripey tent in the road trick went out with bicycle clips according to the wooden tops (as Jack Regan referred to the uniformed branch).

'Tis raining: the prognostications of the weather prognosticator proved correct. Well there's a thing.

The Edgar Wallace mystery theatre: "Number Six (1962)". He's not a prisoner he's a free man. Oh. Sorry. Wrong programme.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 19:23.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's major motion picture experience was Dune: Part One (2021) and Dune: Part Two (2024), which turned out to be the right order because the latter starts just after the end of the former, so it was rather like watching a Saturday teatime Brookside omnibus
    I still haven't seen Dune: Part Two yet.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, blue sky with occasional lumps of fluff. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer has slipped a bit down to 1018 mBar.

Up early to visit the GP for a routine 'women's things' appointment. In and out in 5 minutes, perfect. A flat viewing booked in at lunchtime, after which I don't think I'll be able to stall much longer on the flat I'm not so sure about.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Did you miss me?

Back from our little jaunt and I see the weather is quite nice this morning. Lots of gardening to catch up on, and dog walking.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Things achieved today: a towel wash and the lawn mowed.
    More than I can claim credit for!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture experience was Dune: Part One (2021) and Dune: Part Two (2024), which turned out to be the right order because the latter starts just after the end of the former, so it was rather like watching a Saturday teatime Brookside omnibus

I've already expressed my appreciation of the first because I've watched it before, and the second is also very good. It seems from the ending that they're planning a third, which once one is of a certain age leaves one wondering if one will be around to see it. I wonder how many never got to read the ends of the serialisations of Great Expectations or A Tale of Two Cities back when Dickens was pumping his stuff out in magazines week by week? I might ask my tame Dickens expert on Twitter about that tomorrow; if he doesn't know, he'll probably go and find out, or at least come up with an estimate several years hence, and it'll give him something extra to think about when he's digging around in the archives

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Things achieved today: a towel wash and the lawn mowed.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Loony lady 1 today and loony lady 3 yesterday. Now got a weekend to meself. Get some boring gardeny things done.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Fallback food turned out to be chunky breaded cod with chips and beans. Very nice; been a while since I've had that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've had a rack of ribs in the freezer (the one that came with the flat, not the ailing one) for nearly a year, and last night I transferred it to the fridge to thaw overnight. At lunchtime I cut open the vacuum pack it's wrapped in, planning to apply some BBQ sauce as a marinade, preparatory to cooking it this evening. But it smelt really bad so I left it for the afternoon, as sometimes things smell bad immediately upon coming out of a vacuum pack but are OK after a little airing.

Gave it a sniff just now, and: no. Very much not OK

Looks like you can't keep a rack of ribs that long. Also looks like I'm having something else for tea

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Weekend! Even better: Bank Holiday Weekend!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Heinz tomato and basil soup with white toast

The soup's nice enough, but I'll probably stick with the traditional one from now on. Worth trying though

Email has finally sorted itself out, once Mythic Beasts gave the server DNS a kick up the backside

Leave a comment:

Working...
X