• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Chicken and chips for tea

It's shaping up to be a rather chickeny week, as I'm finding a fair amount of various forms of it in the freezers, and I'm in the process of using up as much out of them as possible so I can sort out a good system for getting by with only the fridge-freezer in the kitchen

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The rain did indeed stop and it's bright yet cloudy.

Went out for a nice lunch at a Polish place in Waterloo.

Now waiting to see a man about a bush.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch, when I finally had time for it, was ham toasties

The delay was due to a perfect storm of people asking me questions about different stuff. Well, two conversations in Teams and one in Slack. But one of them required me to go and check stuff in several internal and a couple of external systems to be able to give answers, one needed a bit of an explanation of the entire modus operandi of (part of) the project, and the third one required me to monitor a bunch of activity across several different services in AWS while simultaneously modifying some configuration stuff and checking some Git logs

Ah well, at least last week's timesheet, which I realised I'd forgotten to submit as I was going to sleep last night, has been approved

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull. Raining with varying levels of vigour. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. The rain may cease by mid morning. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

I forgot to put the bins out last night so had to venture out in the rain to trundle the recycling and food waste bins this morning.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast here, but yesterday's rain has gone and parts of our walk were on almost dry paths. 9.2km walked.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

993 mBar, 29.3232 in Hg, 744.811 Torr, 14.4 psi, (down from 995 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of September 2019 various films were watched, it turned out grey dark & dank, October was imminent, and I was still actually picking up the phone when it rang from the scammers, which shows how long ago that was since I don't bother any more.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The walk was very abbreviated since it started picking with rain & I couldn't be arsed to get wet.

Lunch: beans on toast (cheesy) etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y phone in <click>.

The remainder of The Infinite Monkey cage "Are humans evolving". Well, looking at the Orange Moron, probably not.

Veronica Mars S2 E9 "My mother, the fiend": the baby abandoned in the girls bogs during the dance one.

"The Colditz Story (1955)" with Eric Portman, John Mills, Lionel Jeffries, Bryan Forbes, et al. Al was rather good.

Scotland Yard "Person Unknown (1956)".

Maigret and the tramp (2004).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 19:58.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rainy grey start this morning. It's 13°C at the moment and not getting any higher than 16°, and the barometers are down at 988/995mB. The rain's expected to stop mid-morning, but no sunny spells expected

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was the first two parts (of three) of Secrets & Spies: A Nuclear Game which is very interesting, about all kinds of spy machinations in east and west during the 1980s

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

None of the threatened rain turned up, and it seems a pleasant evening, albeit breezy and cloudy

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Today is World Cocktail Day or some such. HWMBO has made two variants on the daiquiri so far.

In other news, this is my from my new favourite channel on YouTube that may appeal to some on here...

https://youtu.be/pVZ5VpXJiig?si=7Y3IpuS4U6aK7YQw

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Too many meetings today (i.e. three of them)

Lunch was a pancetta omelette

And a look through the binoculars suggests that the red light is on a crane, while the faraway windmills probably aren't visible from here because of some trees on a rise a mile or two away

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ an OM.

Morning

Monday apparently.

Was dry: now wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen (near the kettle), 19 deg in the leanto (far away from the kettle).

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of September 2019 NF looked at the stars, LM came home & found her flat was stuffy because the heating had come on and celebrated by opening the windows & watching "Rise of the Nazis", I had M&S battered haddock for tea and watched a region 1 dvd from some Whoopi Goldberg boxset I've forgotten ever viewing, followed by an out of order viewing of an ep of "Jeremiah" S1: "Thieves Honor" (septic spelling). The only S1 ep of Jeremiah that I remember much was the one about the girl venturing off in a boat across the Pacific S1 E5 "To sail beyond the stars". The elephant ep, not so much.

Freecell score: 65%, running average: 86%: the run of wins ends.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>

Veronica Mars S2 E8 "Ahoy Mateys": the one with the Irish mob and breakins at the house of some bereaved parents.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> Vintage Volt: DeLorean. There's no flux capacitor.

The Last Frontiersmen: nutjobs in the rockies. Too mad even for me.

"Cowboys & Aliens (2011)": that's more like it.

NCIS S20 E16 "Butterfly Effect".

Tony Robinson's Wild West: Baldrick way out west.

Gunslingers: Tombstone.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 19:55.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Our earlier walk started out overcast and breezy, then 4km in it turned to drizzle. Now drying off at my desk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start, in a gloomy low overcast kind of way, heralding a week of cooler weather. The temperature's aren't quite plummeting yet though, being 12°C with 20° expected at least briefly this afternoon. The barometers are down at 995/1003mB

I noticed last night that if I look out of the bedroom window from a slightly off-centre position, I can see a red light glowing in the distance, of the kind that's placed on tall structures; if I stand in the middle of the window, it's obscured by a fir tree in a nearby garden. I was curious about what it was as I couldn't think of anything tall enough to need a light in that general direction, at least not within the city. So I took a bearing and had a look on the map, and I concluded that it must be one of the mighty windmills next to the M1 about two-thirds of the way to Lutterworth. I was just about able to see these when driving back from Nottingham on a clear summer day back in 2015, from a stretch of the Fosse Way that's on a hill, so I'll have to check whether I can spot them in daylight with the binoculars and confirm that it's them - though I may need to wait for a clearer day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X