• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Company accounts been driving me nuts, had a £1500+ error, but fortunately located the link cockup. Now down to £107, can live with that.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chilly at 20 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.4 Torr, 73% RH.

Thursday.

Walk walked in the intermittent sunshine.

<- Me now & during "Joy of Painting" last evening.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all The earlier mist is burning off nicely. Looks like it's going to be a good day to cancel late afternoon meetings.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Turned the early alarms off so I could have a bit of a lie-in, as it's not like I do anything in particular when I wake earlier; I probably could do with the extra sleep more then the extra doomscrolling

Feel moderately refreshed thereby

It's a sunny start out, though still only 13°C; it's expected to reach 21° later, no rain is predicted, and the barometers are up a bit at 1009/1017mB ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, probably not ragweed then. Perhaps it's nettles growing along the embankment either side of the railway bridge, a hundred yards or so away

Telly tonight has been the rest of the Icelandic murder thing, which seems like a 1970s fit-up in the finest traditions of policing back then, followed by the start of Storyville - Toffs, Queers and Traitors: The Extraordinary Life of Guy Burgess

The lurgy has finally worn off for the most part, having tired me out enough that I'm getting an early night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Club runs again tonight after spending the day talking about one of the six systems we will be migrating to

Dinner was cod and mushy pea fiscakes with Asparagus. Very nice. As I got a load of Asparagus we now have soup on the hob.

Realised I had been unfair to the Voyeurs it actually had a decent twist at the end and the lead actress is rather gorgeous in a "girl next door with big frontage" kind of way. Worth a watch.

Currently on "The Somme 1916 from both sides of the wire" (iplayer) - interesting.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Er, isn't ragweed a septic thing?

We have ragwort in this country which isn't quite the same thing.
    Invaded years ago, apparently

But apparently nettles and dock, among other things, can also produce a fair amount of pollen at this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been beef scouse and sesame bloomer

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    the increasingly lurgy-like symptoms this afternoon are probably hay fever; apparently ragweed pollen can be a thing at this time of year
    Er, isn't ragweed a septic thing?

We have ragwort in this country which isn't quite the same thing.

Well there's a thing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52367688

Well there's another thing:

https://www.ceh.ac.uk/news-and-media...orthern-europe

Non stop allergies from January to November.

Stop the world I want to get off.

Then again:

https://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/ragweed
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 20:56.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Sad now. Nipped down to the shed to get something in the dark and accidentally trod on a little slug.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just been to a neighbour's 90th BD party. Rather nice. Had a whole pint of lager, most booze I've had in 2 years. Wondering if I need dinner after all the nibbles.

PS But I suppose my little puppet parrot will be hungry.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green and blue rings closed

It's turned sunny out there now; didn't even need a coat

And I finally realised (after having done a lateral flow test just in case, which came out negative) that the increasingly lurgy-like symptoms this afternoon are probably hay fever; apparently ragweed pollen can be a thing at this time of year

Taken one of the date-expired hay fever pills I got from the chemist a few years ago, just in case it helps

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Happy birthday to The Dog (tw)!
    Here she is, curled up beside Mr Marula & Pamela...

Millie

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And she's off: Foreign Secretary

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Truss, though maybe only for the next few minutes
    You two been caught on CCTV then?

Leave a comment: