• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    An interesting look at the role of rum in the British Navy and a reminder to mark Black Tot day tomorrow.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/beer-w.../473/naval-rum
    AHHHHH, - rum.
    now where did I put the pusser's and mount gay?
    I may start earlier than tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    An interesting look at the role of rum in the British Navy and a reminder to mark Black Tot day tomorrow.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/beer-w.../473/naval-rum

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It's definitely been a sunshine and showers kind of day here.

Currently showers.
    showers we should be so lucky its been a deluge.

Earlier I went in to make coffee and I thought I had walked onto the set of "A Perfect Storm".

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    All looks a normal Friday night to me
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    All looks above board to me
    Oops. Sorry. Got that last one mixed up with a photo of a certain Christmas do. Pies were involved.

Today I removed our ceiling fan which we never use now we've an aircon unit. And I shave 2mm of the bottom of the wooden cover for the fridge door so it doesn't stick against the door below. As well as doing the weekly shop this morning. Curry is slowly cooking in the oven. Should be ready in about 3 hours. Yum.

A brief but intense thunderstorm just now. Marble sized hailstones for about a minute.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's definitely been a sunshine and showers kind of day here.

Currently showers.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Chucked it down with rain for a bit, but stopped again. I daresay it'll happen again soon though

I've stripped the bed and left it to air in the extremely fresh air coming through the bedroom window, so I must remember to make it again later

And in a remarkable outburst of efficiency, I've even got the old bedding into the wash right away

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just checked the meat from Sainsbury's and, as I suspected, people who are too lazy to pack stuff properly are also too lazy to check use-by dates: I'm apparently supposed to cook a week's worth of stuff in the next two days

After a bit of rearrangement, I've managed to cram most of it into the freezer

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I had a half-portion of chicken casserole left, so lunch was that with some leftover fried rice I froze a few weeks ago. Very tasty

After some sunny spells this morning, it's now looking ominously gloomy out there

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All looks above board to me

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Man doesn't live by bread alone - now with beer!

Beer makes everything better.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. And here's a warning to LM!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The bread is in the oven. However, it's just occurred to me that those plastic crates probably don't get cleaned very often, and if the loaf's been sat in one for a few hours with beer that's picked up whatever muck is on the surface soaking into it, then I probably don't really want to eat it anyway
    While warming the oven up, I was reminded that I have an oven thermometer that for years has been so covered in baked-on gunk as to be completely unreadable. I suddenly realised that I had the solution to hand: The Pink Stuff! The thermometer is now perfectly legible, and it even got the bezel all shiny again

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The bread is in the oven. However, it's just occurred to me that those plastic crates probably don't get cleaned very often, and if the loaf's been sat in one for a few hours with beer that's picked up whatever muck is on the surface soaking into it, then I probably don't really want to eat it anyway

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    And that's it for the week.

Need to order a printer via ebay at 12 (10x nectar points so £15 worth on a £300 machine) then off to the lakes.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Quick walk around the block to post a birthday card.

Signs of some light precipitation on the ground but the sun briefly popped its nose out so I decided to take the longer way back. The rain restarted when I was about halfway home. Just a light shower but getting progressively heavier the closer I got to home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X