• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dry but dull and overcast out. Except it then started spitting a tiny bit when I was out on the patio taking the dead leaves off my fatsia. Anyway, it's currently 14 degrees and that's as high as it'll get with rain expected off and on all day. Barometer at 999 mBar.

Just noticed the battery in the mantlepice clock has died (at a few minutes' before 10). Another one to add to the pile for recycling should I ever manage to remember to take them somewhere. I have lots of Brita water filters that also need putting into the recycling. They have collection boxes for such things at Tesco which, unlike the ones in Robert Dyas, actually look like they get emptied.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    'Rocketman' a film based on the life of Sir Elton John premiers at the Cannes Film Festival 2019

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ Yet another Philip K. Dickian nightmare, then.

Morning.

Grey.

White sky, surprisingly bright.

No current precipitation.

Sunless.

Warmer at 18.1 deg in here.

995 mBar, 29.38 in Hg, 57% RH.

Sunday.

Thusly the wireless is currently silent.

<hiatus>

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised and put away.

Lunch: two faggots with peas, a red pippy corner yog, a couple of bramble jelly sandwiches, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno why but I couldn't be arsed to cook anything today.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:45.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    All kinds of viewing tonight, starting with The Adjustment Bureau (2011) which I thought was pretty good really

Then, well, I always like watching The Devil Wears Prada (2006) so I did

And then, well, I also (rather to my surprise the first time) like watching Straight Outta Compton (2015) so I did that too

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Thanks. It's not really a surprise at that age, but it's a shame he didn't make the century

It seems like it was quick, at any rate. A visitor left him at 1pm yesterday, and a carer arrived at 1:30pm and found him dead.
    Best way to go really.

Like a lady down the street, sat on the sofa, just had her tea, watching the box.

Compared with my lot it sounds like a fecking dream.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lots of honking and cars flying blue and white flags outside
    I had heard something about a game of kicking a bag of wind about had been won today

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Bed has been made. Laundered sheets are hanging up to dry.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of honking and cars flying blue and white flags outside

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There's new series of Mock the Week and Hospital on the beeb so ents is those this evening.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the Chinese
    Very nice as always

Busyness status: a rather curt "Yes"; when I suggested that perhaps lots of people were celebrating the football, it elicited a muttered "Football mad" as she rushed back into the kitchen

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Sorry for you loss, Nick. Mind you, I wouldn't mind my epitaph being that I died in a Chinese (aka wifey)

My daughter-in-law just reported that their other neighbor just died. One day shy of seventy. Her sister was in the other flat and died in January.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the Chinese

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Very sorry to hear that
    Thanks. It's not really a surprise at that age, but it's a shame he didn't make the century

It seems like it was quick, at any rate. A visitor left him at 1pm yesterday, and a carer arrived at 1:30pm and found him dead.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My great uncle Harry in Liverpool, who served in the Royal Navy on the Arctic convoys in WWII, has died aged 99 and a few days

Very sorry to hear that

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The lovely Waitrose delivery lady was only a few minutes later than the upper boundary of the time slot, so she's doing well despite saying the roads are a nightmare (there's still helicopters out and about, keeping an eye on things).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My great uncle Harry in Liverpool, who served in the Royal Navy on the Arctic convoys in WWII, has died aged 99 and a few days

Leave a comment:

Working...
X