• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stilton on Toast

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stilton on Toast"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Not far off. I don't know about Fortnum's crackers, but their stilton is definitely the one to get.... It's the yummiest.
    agreed. there is never enough of it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    Interesting play....

... however... I will see your stilton astride a roquefort, placed upon a stinking bishop placed inside a large dollop of three day exposed vieux boulogne, and raise you a simple brie, allowed to fester magnificently in a clear plastic sandwich bag on the back window ledge of an old Volvo (sans A/C), that spent hours in the blazing summer sun of 1991, as the idiot driver made his way from Bristol to Manchester. The stench was ... well ... genuinely vomit-inducing. And he ate it, to prove himself "tough"... and then spent 2 days on the bog, in a classic puking-into-the-sink-while-squirting-away-loudly-at-the-other-end way.
    I'll see your Brie and raise you a round of Casu Marzu.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    toast? this is an it contractors forum! come on - finest crackers from fortnum & mason please.
    Not far off. I don't know about Fortnum's crackers, but their stilton is definitely the one to get. It comes in a little stone pot, and you have to 'grow' it yourself by cracking a wax seal, thus letting the little bacteria breathe and make the green sludge separate into the yellow with blue veins. It's the yummiest.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    ... and raise you a simple brie, allowed to fester magnificently in a clear plastic sandwich bag on the back window ledge of an old Volvo (sans A/C), that spent hours in the blazing summer sun of 1991...
    <takes deep breath> and... wisely decides to fold.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    stilton and figs on toast

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    ok, ok, i getcha.... i'll see your stilton, roquefort on stinking bishop and raise you a stilton astride a roquefort, placed upon a stinking bishop placed inside a large dollop of three day exposed vieux boulogne.
    Interesting play....

... however... I will see your stilton astride a roquefort, placed upon a stinking bishop placed inside a large dollop of three day exposed vieux boulogne, and raise you a simple brie, allowed to fester magnificently in a clear plastic sandwich bag on the back window ledge of an old Volvo (sans A/C), that spent hours in the blazing summer sun of 1991, as the idiot driver made his way from Bristol to Manchester. The stench was ... well ... genuinely vomit-inducing. And he ate it, to prove himself "tough"... and then spent 2 days on the bog, in a classic puking-into-the-sink-while-squirting-away-loudly-at-the-other-end way.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    I'll see your stilton on roqueforte, and raise you a stilton and roqueforte on stinking bishop.
    ok, ok, i getcha.... i'll see your stilton, roquefort on stinking bishop and raise you a stilton astride a roquefort, placed upon a stinking bishop placed inside a large dollop of three day exposed vieux boulogne.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    <sharp intake of breath> stilton on roquefort!
    I'll see your stilton on roqueforte, and raise you a stilton and roqueforte on stinking bishop.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    toast? this is an it contractors forum! come on - finest crackers from fortnum & mason please.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Stilton on toast is very nice, though I prefer roquefort.
    <sharp intake of breath> stilton on roquefort!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Brie on toast...... yum!

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Stilton on toast is very nice, though I prefer roquefort.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Mmmmmmh cheese...

I aim to eat my way through the entire of this list: http://www.cheese.com/all.asp

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Don't like melted cheese

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Once it's toasted, apply a liberal dosing of Cranberry jam in port.
    You're making me hungry and I've just finished lunch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X