• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The "it was alright in the 70's" thread"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Haha - found this picture of me, my sister and my dad recently. If you ever wanted to know what the 70s looked like, this was it.

The kid in the front....the flowery top.....that was my mum's hallway wallpaper....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    If you never owned a brown Austin Allegro with Brown Vinyl Roof and beige velour interior, you've never lived !!!
    Haha - found this picture of me, my sister and my dad recently. If you ever wanted to know what the 70s looked like, this was it.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, the 1970s.

When everything was beige.

And we were expecting an ice age shortly.

Remind me how those glaciers are doing.
    If you never owned a brown Austin Allegro with Brown Vinyl Roof and beige velour interior, you've never lived !!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Ah.

They weren't following the science then.
    no just the grants!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    They have all gone , global warming/Climate change etc..
    Ah.

They weren't following the science then.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Ah, the 1970s.

They have all gone , global warming/Climate change etc..

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Ah, the 1970s.

Leave a comment:

• Hokum50
    replied
    It's interesting how after 1968/69, the world was thinking we'd be going towards more and more nudity, but we haven't gone much further than the 70s; in some regions and years, clothing has even started being more covering than that.
    Sure, there may be more sexual content in movies, music etc, but clothing has found the limit of what can/can't be done.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Sorry mate. It's been a few decades since I wrote to him. I'll spell it correctly if I ever have occasion to write his name again. I know you Yorkshire punters like to protect your own
    That's alright, i'll let it slide under the circumstances. How are you getting on with the lockdown? I've been a bit concerned it must be said - not the social isolation and limited geographical movement elements, I know you're an expert at that stuff. It's the exercising every day thing that's got me worried for you.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Savile

Can't you get anything right ffs?
    Sorry mate. It's been a few decades since I wrote to him. I'll spell it correctly if I ever have occasion to write his name again. I know you Yorkshire punters like to protect your own

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Pub Rock, Glam Rock, Punk Rock, Mott The Hoople, Dr Feelgood, Slde, Top of the Pops, Radio 1 Chart Show, Jumpers for goalposts.....what wasn't to like ? (Power cuts, 3 day week, bin strike, British Leyland cars, Cliff Richard, Jimmy Saville, Wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby-pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, prog rock, glue-sniffers, "Play For Today", Clive Jenkins)
    Savile

Can't you get anything right ffs?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Tit Monday...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Pub Rock, Glam Rock, Punk Rock, Mott The Hoople, Dr Feelgood, Slde, Top of the Pops, Radio 1 Chart Show, Jumpers for goalposts.....what wasn't to like ? (Power cuts, 3 day week, bin strike, British Leyland cars, Cliff Richard, Jimmy Saville, Wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby-pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, prog rock, glue-sniffers, "Play For Today", Clive Jenkins)

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    started a topic The "it was alright in the 70's" thread

The "it was alright in the 70's" thread

Pathé films capturing the important things from the hot summer of 1976.

NSFW - though no actual nudity

Working...
X