• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Online Dating

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Online Dating"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    What's all this discussion about personality? Can we get back to shallow stuff and the rightful praise of enormous bottoms?

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Some serious study was done into this a couple of years ago. I can't be bothered to look up the paper but the gist of it was that contrary to expectation women were much more shallow than men and were more likely to select a partner based on looks whereas men were more likely to select based on personality.
    I think on the surface men are just as shallow about looks but where it probably differs is that when choosing a long term partner men are more likely to know their limitations whereas we all know women tend to live in rather bizzare fantasy land where they would rather chase what they can't have than settle for their lot.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Some serious study was done into this a couple of years ago. I can't be bothered to look up the paper but the gist of it was that contrary to expectation women were much more shallow than men and were more likely to select a partner based on looks whereas men were more likely to select based on personality.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces
    Women don't pass up on me for anything. I just sit at the bar licking my eyebrowse.

Is that what you use to get internet access on an Eyepod?

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Women don't pass up on me for anything. I just sit at the bar licking my eyebrowse.
    Last edited by pisces; 29 December 2006, 20:57.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    It would be nice to think that. Have you ever been out in manky clothes and impressed a woman with talk of minimum wage? No it just doesn't happen.

Well it depends what you mean by manky clothes - if they stink or are dirty, then yes fair enough. if you just mean normal non designer clothes, then I feel very sorry for you that you think women will pass up on you for that.

If a lass cant see through fancy clothes/cars and all that tulipe then she's not worth botherring with anyway! We're not all like that!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    It would be nice to think that. Have you ever been out in manky clothes and impressed a woman with talk of minimum wage? No it just doesn't happen.
    I'd hate to disagree, but actaually some birds get off on it in a big way. Or is it they get it ina big way when they get off or ss,jgvldfbjl v,m.v

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    You mean....

Shallow Girls like guys with money and nice clothes, Shallow guys like girls with fit bodies.

Still, if it keeps the shallow and vacuous at the pointless end of the gene pool, then it leaves more helpings for those who look for a little bit more in their partners.

El duder...tsk. I bet she was a really nice girl as well. And before you offer, Mrs BGG might have something to say about that !

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    El Duder, you may find this old gem useful.

Women's Personal Ads: What They Really Mean

40-ish...Really means...48

Athletic...Really means...Flat-chested.

Average looking...Really means...Ugly.

Beautiful...Really means...Pathological liar.

Educated...Really means...College dropout.

Emotionally Secure...Really means...Medicated.

Feminist...Really means...Fat; ball buster.

Free spirit...Really means...Drug user.

Friendship first...Really means...Trying to live down reputation as sl*t.

Fun...Really means...Annoying.

Good Listener...Really means...Borderline Autistic.

New-Age...Really means...All body hair, all the time.

Old-fashioned...Really means...Lights out, missionary position only.

Open-minded...Really means...Desperate.

Outgoing...Really means...Loud.

Poet...Really means...Depressive Schizophrenic.

Professional...Really means...Real Witch.

Redhead...Really means...Shops the Clairol section.

Reubenesque...Really means...Grossly Fat.

Romantic...Really means...Looks better by candle light.

Weight proportional to height...Really means...Hugely Fat.

Wants Soulmate...Really means...One step away from stalking.

Widow...Really means...Nagged first husband to death.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    as the song says...

girls dont like boys, girls like cars and money.
    Thanks el duder, I now have an image of a granny trying it on in my head. Damn that video....

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    You really are missing out if that's what you experience.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Another fine statement from you BGG.

Well said

as the song says...

girls dont like boys, girls like cars and money.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    You mean....

Shallow Girls like guys with money and nice clothes, Shallow guys like girls with fit bodies.

Still, if it keeps the shallow and vacuous at the pointless end of the gene pool, then it leaves more helpings for those who look for a little bit more in their partners.

Another fine statement from you BGG.

Well said

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Girls like guys with money and nice clothes, guys like girls with fit bodies.
    You mean....

El duder...tsk. I bet she was a really nice girl as well. And before you offer, Mrs BGG might have something to say about that !

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by jh0711
    maybe she just thought you were a f*****kin pr*ck for being so shallow and did not feel she wanted to spend any further time or effort on someone with a depth of 0.2 mm

It's par for the course nowadays.

Girls like guys with money and nice clothes, guys like girls with fit bodies.

Seems fair to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X