• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "URGENT:Contractor Calculator, Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's why I didn't add my email address at the end.
    Oh nuts. I used your email as I wasn't putting mine in.. Sorry.
    And I used the comments field to point out the flaws in the survey as there are a lot of assumptions behind the questions that force you to respond in a manner that may not reflect your experience.
    I couldn't fill it in as it didn't reflect my situation so guess not aimed at my engagement type.

BTW it's closed now.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    I'm not convinced he's even going to see Treasury Ministers. Probably just collecting details for his sales database.
    That's why I didn't add my email address at the end.

And I used the comments field to point out the flaws in the survey as there are a lot of assumptions behind the questions that force you to respond in a manner that may not reflect your experience.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by wiffwaffwaa View Post
    done. I am sure people will complain about how they could have done it better (but didn't... seems to be the norm here), but that is a fairly comprehensive questionnaire.

On probability, it probably won't make a difference.

But if you don't try, it definitely won't make a difference.
    I'm not convinced he's even going to see Treasury Ministers. Probably just collecting details for his sales database.

Leave a comment:

• rambaugh
    replied
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• wiffwaffwaa
    replied
    done. I am sure people will complain about how they could have done it better (but didn't... seems to be the norm here), but that is a fairly comprehensive questionnaire.

On probability, it probably won't make a difference.

But if you don't try, it definitely won't make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Dave might sell some more stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    The self proclaimed king of the contractors will certainly be trying.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Done

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Dave might sell some more stuff

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Won't change anything but I've done it so that I could have a rant.
    Likewise.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    And does not capture people who have move to perm in the last few months

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Won't change anything but I've done it so that I could have a rant.

Leave a comment:

• Oven Ready
    replied
    Completed.

Leave a comment:

• URGENT:Contractor Calculator, Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW

Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW!

Dave Chaplin says he's meeting Treasury Ministers this week, and needs data ASAP.

Some of the things this one asks
    *What is your typical day rate and what's the market rate for the same job in the permanent market?
    *Have you seen contractors leaving as a result of this or work switching offshore?
    *Would you be happy with a new "Off Payroll Tax" payable by clients instead and at what level should it be?

Regarding the last point, I think there's only any benefit to us in this if expenses stay tax deductible. Otherwise we're in pretty much the same position with clients initially reducing day rate to fund their new tax......unless the new tax is miles less than 13.8%
    Last edited by PTP; 1 March 2020, 13:10.

Working...
X