• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No Rights Employees"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Drei View Post
    Sure, but if the post gets burried, what's the problem in re-posting? Not like we are killing the planet or something worse (coughing, sneazing, yawning and not covering our mouths).
    Because its the same few people thst have to repost the same answers over and over and the quality of the response diminishes. A bit of help yourself does everyone some good.

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    A major search is looking for a lost puppy in the peak district, not typing a couple of keywords in google!

Sure, but if the post gets burried, what's the problem in re-posting? Not like we are killing the planet or something worse (coughing, sneazing, yawning and not covering our mouths).

Leave a comment:

• pauldee
    replied
    Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
    Anyone seen this yet?

norightsemployee.uk
    Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I think its broken - I got a response that didn't mention an accountant.

I think that's selective reading on your part.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

There are websites out there to help you if you can't wait for a response:

www.northernladukcommentgenerator.co.uk
    I think its broken - I got a response that didn't mention an accountant.

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    The only people that reposts annoy are the people who read every single post, and who GAF about them

Thanks for (re-)sharing OP

Leave a comment:

• pacontracting
    replied
    So every time you post something you do major searches to see if anyone else has done so? Man you must have a lot of time on your hands)

This is a great website, never saw it until it was re-posted. I usually come on here between contracts, this means that it can be many months or even years before I spend time reading stuff. usually I just glance.
    I typically use the following test. Look at the posters join date. Look at the total number of posts. Look at the tone of their response. You can generally work out whether to accept or ignore the 'advice' based on that formula.

There are websites out there to help you if you can't wait for a response:

www.northernladukcommentgenerator.co.uk
    Last edited by pacontracting; 3 March 2020, 08:03.

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    A major search is looking for a lost puppy in the peak district, not typing a couple of keywords in google!
    Oh dear that was hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Perfect!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    No, I do a cursory search.

I even double check before posting on Dead Celebrities as invariably someone gets there before me.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    So every time you post something you do major searches to see if anyone else has done so? Man you must have a lot of time on your hands)

This is a great website, never saw it until it was re-posted. I usually come on here between contracts, this means that it can be many months or even years before I spend time reading stuff. usually I just glance.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

If something you are asking is something that affects all contractors then there is a good chance its been discussed many times. The polite thing to do, as requested in the Welcome forums, is to try a search first.

Typing a few keywords and site:cobtractoruk.com/forums is hardly a major search.

It's not hard, it will save you time and get a raft of discussion up that might actually give you answers to things you never thought of at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It doesn't take a huge effort to have a quick look before posting something that is doing the rounds on the likes of LinkedIn. The first post on the topic did have a bit of an obtuse title but it was findable.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Always a pleasure posting to the Forums. For those that don't spend an unhealthy majority of their lives on here, the post was for you.
    It doesn't take a huge effort to have a quick look before posting something that is doing the rounds on the likes of LinkedIn. The first post on the topic did have a bit of an obtuse title but it was findable.

Leave a comment:

• pacontracting
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nope. You are the first person and are leading the charge on IR35 front... At 'em fella. Doing a sterling job...

(Redacted winker sign as it's not allowed in prof forms)
    Always a pleasure posting to the Forums. For those that don't spend an unhealthy majority of their lives on here, the post was for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X