• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "GSK - advice for a newbie please"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Take it or don’t take it.

The choice is yours.

Thread closed.

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by HelpNeeded101 View Post
    I don't understand all the hostility sir / madam
    I admire your perseverance with this lot. I would have given up long ago chanting to myself, 'I know best.'

That said, I do think you could leave this thread behind and henceforth allow some sunshine into your day.

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroccanMole View Post
    I'm going to jump in here and point out another clueless ****wit, who despite being a Contractor for 7 years, seems to have next to no comprehension of the forthcoming tax rules.

Educate yourself! When HMRC state 90% of Contractors are non-compliant, I think of people like you and I'm inclined to agree. You need throwing under the bus. I'm sorry pal. A classic example as to why HMRC are so hell bent on ending freelancing.
    I am a compliant contractor, if I wasn't I wouldn't be so apprehensive about a firm offer at GSK
    I am also willing to accept it is inside ir35 after looking at the working practices and advice from folks here.
    I don't understand all the hostility sir / madam

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But they said outside?
    The contract itself was outside but based on the questions was inside

I asked for a raise so I could come as inside - have not got a response yet

Leave a comment:

• MoroccanMole
    replied
    I'm going to jump in here and point out another clueless ****wit, who despite being a Contractor for 7 years, seems to have next to no comprehension of the forthcoming tax rules.

Educate yourself! When HMRC state 90% of Contractors are non-compliant, I think of people like you and I'm inclined to agree. You need throwing under the bus. I'm sorry pal. A classic example as to why HMRC are so hell bent on ending freelancing.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yes
    But they said outside?

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Did you take the full review from QDOS including working practices? Is that where you got the questionnaire from?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Did you take the full review from QDOS including working practices? Is that where you got the questionnaire from?

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Dormant for 7 years, but that’s by the by. Let’s see what others say.

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    You massively implied you haven’t worked there before.

Suddenly you start saying you’re going to say the role will be inside.

It’s obvious now what’s going on. Seriously wtf.
    Forgive me, not sure what the issue is, that was my first post minutes after joining this board (newbie) I appreciate you have been here 7 years
    The reason I say it is going to be inside is first of all based on feedback from this online community, the QDOS questionnaire and my knowledge of the gig from the hiring manager
    I am sorry if you feel like I have held things back

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    I'm excited to work for such a flagship client...
    You massively implied you haven’t worked there before.

Suddenly you start saying you’re going to say the role will be inside.

It’s obvious now what’s going on. Seriously wtf..you are saying you know everyone is inside there.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 22 September 2019, 23:32.

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Hang on..

Now you’re saying you’ve worked there before?

Wow...just wow..
    I dont understand the issue here, I was there in 2015 (originally) with a different agency, not Lorien

Also way I see it, if I be truthful that it is inside ir35 now and the assignment is for 12 months, I will be laying the ground work for GSK to concur that it is indeed inside in April 2020 (with 6 months remaining)
    Last edited by HelpNeeded101; 22 September 2019, 23:18.

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    Hang on..

Wow...just wow..
    A few years back, yes but that before all of the IR35 spotlight that started a month ago; also done 3 assignments since then if I include my current gig which is ending very soon

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    The 1500 number includes folks who have left as it is from circa 2018, I personally know someone who left last year who got a letter and is pretty anxious in spite of having insurance.
    The role is to cover a permie PM going on a secondament within GSK for 1 yr.
    There is no flex on WFH or substitution and I'd rather be transparent and call it inside ir35 now than wait 6 months and have GSK do it themselves in April 2020 and be mince meat.

I have worked there before so understand the working practices fairly well- going umbrella now, would also bring unneeded attention as it would show course correction ...HMRC have chosen GSK for a reason
    Hang on..

Hello All

I am about to finish up my 6 month contract with a client this month and am in discussions for a 6-month IT Project Management contract opportunity with GSK at their head office in Brentford, W London.

I am optimistic I will be made an offer soon.
    I'm excited to work for such a flagship client but what makes me somewhat apprehensive is all the news with regards to HMRC and IR35, should I be worried to take on this assignment, will it put me under the tax man’s magnifying glass?

Wow...just wow..

Leave a comment:

• HelpNeeded101
    replied
    If £450 is the daily rate, how much would be equivalent to that figure if I was to inside ir35 via my limited company, is that £550?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X