• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Public Sector or Not?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by breaktwister View Post
    Just because you suck admins off you think you can get away with abuse while no-one can say anything back as they are then "warned by admins"? I guess the admins will warn or ban me now but you get away with insults and abuse with no consequence.

Teapot posted that RBS was not a public body without any analysis. All I was saying that that you need to look carefully at the OWNERSHIP of all companies to determine whether they fall within the meaning of a "public authority". I didn't see anyone else posting the info regarding being owned by the Crown.
    No, it does not require analysis - it simply requires reading the list of organisations that fall within the remit of the FOI Act.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anything else is navel gazing.

And as we have returned to the original point of this thread I am now locking it.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Just because you suck admins off you think you can get away with abuse while no-one can say anything back as they are then "warned by admins"? I guess the admins will warn or ban me now but you get away with insults and abuse with no consequence.

Teapot posted that RBS was not a public body without any analysis. All I was saying that that you need to look carefully at the OWNERSHIP of all companies to determine whether they fall within the meaning of a "public authority". I didn't see anyone else posting the info regarding being owned by the Crown.
    Teapot explained why RBS wasn't subject to FOI. You backed it up. Not sure what your beef is because Teapot gave you the correct answer with a supporting statement.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Stop sucking off the admins.

I thought NAT seemed a lot happier these days

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That's a first.
    Ones that I can post without a ban then....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Words fail me.
    That's a first.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think that might be because we've discussed RBS 3 times already including with you last week and nothing has changed during the past 3 months.

RBS is not covered by the FoI act and therefore isn't affected by these changes.
    Stop sucking off the admins.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

I think that might be because we've discussed RBS 3 times already including with you last week and nothing has changed during the past 3 months.

RBS is not covered by the FoI act and therefore isn't affected by these changes.

Leave a comment:

• breaktwister
    replied
    He hasn't got one. His read something somewhere and has decide to fart it on to the forum without thinking again so others have to clean the thread up again.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    A quick google tells me that the gov owns 80% of it only. It is still listed in the stock market as a tradable company which would not be possible if the gov owned all the shares.
    Words fail me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Google says 58%, so I don't know what his point is

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&...d+by+govenment
    He hasn't got one. His read something somewhere and has decide to fart it on to the forum without thinking again so others have to clean the thread up again.

Leave a comment:

• breaktwister
    replied
    A quick google tells me that the gov owns 80% of it only. It is still listed in the stock market as a tradable company which would not be possible if the gov owned all the shares.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    So is RBS wholly owned by the Government?
    Google says 58%, so I don't know what his point is

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&...d+by+govenment

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If RBS is wholly owned by the British Government (who acts on behalf of the Crown) then it is a "public authority" subject to FOI act.
    So is RBS wholly owned by the Government?

Leave a comment:

• breaktwister
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    For the purposes of the IR35 'reforms', public sector is defined as bodies who are subject to the FOI act, so RBS is out of scope.
    https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...s-the-foi-act/

In addition to the bodies listed in the Act, with effect from 1 September 2013 the definition of a public authority now also covers companies which are wholly owned:
    •by the Crown;
    •by the wider public sector; or
    •by both the Crown and the wider public sector.

If RBS is wholly owned by the British Government (who acts on behalf of the Crown) then it is a "public authority" subject to FOI act.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
    Correct, that's the key to it.

FOI act: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...s-the-foi-act/
    Go to the first page of this thread for the actual FOI Act in all it's glory...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X