• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TFL communication re IR35"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroccanMole View Post
    These emails state that you are expected to make your preferences know to 'your Manager' - a clear inside IR35 indicator.
    Could mean Hiring Manager.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. They can call them what they want. It's what you call them that counts
    'Plebs' is a title most Government officials seems to understand

Project Leading, Envisineering, Benchmarking Servent
    Last edited by Yorkie62; 28 January 2017, 10:25.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Manager / project leader its a naming game...
    Indeed. They can call them what they want. It's what you call them that counts

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroccanMole View Post
    These emails state that you are expected to make your preferences know to 'your Manager' - a clear inside IR35 indicator.
    Manager / project leader its a naming game...

Leave a comment:

• MoroccanMole
    replied
    ....discuss with your manager.....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Semtex View Post
    or all the PS bodies can see their projects and work going tits up that they have escalated to HMRC that this is going to be un workable?

Leave a comment:

• Semtex
    replied
    or all the PS bodies can see their projects and work going tits up that they have escalated to HMRC that this is going to be un workable?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
    I would love to know what this 'advice' is... considering there has been no guidance given to PS bodies thus far. My take is there has been no conversation prior and since then with HMRC and they are trying to cover their tracks.. idiots.

I agree with LondonManc that the permies would be scared that they have to do some work for a change - that place is proper old school public sector with benefits that are eye-watering... considering the output
    HMRC potentially keeping them waiting for the hook of the retro-grab. It's another 'kin trap!

Leave a comment:

• difficulttimes
    replied
    Idiots..

Originally posted by TfLTattle View Post

Since then, we have taken further advice from HMRC and we have reconsidered our approach.

[/I]
    I would love to know what this 'advice' is... considering there has been no guidance given to PS bodies thus far. My take is there has been no conversation prior and since then with HMRC and they are trying to cover their tracks.. idiots.

I agree with LondonManc that the permies would be scared that they have to do some work for a change - that place is proper old school public sector with benefits that are eye-watering... considering the output

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Lol. Classic. This hard nosed approach is going to be met with the grim realisation that no-body permie knows anything and it's all run by contractors who are willing to lump it.
    The permies know stuff. They're now panicking that they'll actually have to do stuff. Don't worry about that!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    But I do love that fact that their bolshie 'take or leave it' message must have been met with an equally robust

And it does seem that all they want to do is delay the inevitable another 5 weeks. Gives TfL a bit of time to find replacements.

I don't really wonder if fear of retrospective investigations of contracts has / is being discussed there - I think this is more two finger salutes. Especially when people were given Christmas to think it over and probably have resigned themselves to leaving and finding new roles...
    Last edited by eek; 24 January 2017, 21:29.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    But I do love that fact that their bolshie 'take or leave it' message must have been met with an equally robust

Lol. Classic. This hard nosed approach is going to be met with the grim realisation that no-body permie knows anything and it's all run by contractors who are willing to lump it.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    But don't forget this does Nothing for the retrospective tax threat.

As you were on that bit methinks...
    Agreed but it's a clear case of tulip hitting fan.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    But don't forget this does Nothing for the retrospective tax threat.

As you were on that bit methinks...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X