• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NTRT lost their FTTT appeal"

Collapse

• Iliketax
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Any link to the actual judgement (without comment is fine)? The first tax tribunal website is broken
    Lancashire & Ors v Revenue & Customs (INCOME TAX - whether the appellants are taxable on sums received under offshore partnership and trust) [2020] UKFTT 407 (TC) (13 October 2020)

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Any link to the actual judgement (without comment is fine)? The first tax tribunal website is broken

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    You'll have to explain to me how I do that.
    You've never needed an explanation before.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    You could do one of your convoluted posts.
    You'll have to explain to me how I do that.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I doubt that I will actually.

I think the time has come to be less free about sharing thoughts on the technical details and handing HMRC's legal team a freebie.
    You could do one of your convoluted posts.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    I doubt that I will actually.

I think the time has come to be less free about sharing thoughts on the technical details and handing HMRC's legal team a freebie.

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
    Any parties reference or published account of this available or is it too soon?
    It's only just out.

Webberg will probably be along shortly with one of his missives.
    Last edited by stonehenge; 16 October 2020, 15:22.

Leave a comment:

• QCApproved
    replied
    Any parties reference or published account of this available or is it too soon?

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    started a topic NTRT lost their FTTT appeal

NTRT lost their FTTT appeal

From what I hear, they won the argument that the agency legislation applied and that the agency should have operated PAYE. The tribunal Judge also ruled against HMRC disapplying the PAYE rules.

But the Judge found that they were still liable for tax by virtue of the transfer of assets abroad rules.

An appeal seems likely.

Working...
X