• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you have used Montpelier - read this"

Collapse

• TheDogsNads
    replied
    Originally posted by piebaps View Post
    https://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKFT...20/TC07958.pdf

Another Montpelier case loses an appeal
    This is an old decision from October, it hasnt just been released. And the appellant was partially successful in getting the penalties reduced but will still be counted as an HMRC win.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Maybe its a bit too early just yet

Leave a comment:

• piebaps
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Spotted a trend yet?
    Maybe its a bit too early just yet

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

Spotted a trend yet?

Leave a comment:

• piebaps
    replied

Leave a comment:

• piebaps
    replied
    Old story that. Published on 18 October and there are links to the Court judgement on which the article is based elsewhere in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Mr & Mrs G
    They're in the news.

Millions of client funds diverted | News |

Leave a comment:

• piebaps
    replied
    Mr & Mrs G

Leave a comment:

• Hemmick
    replied
    Corrance

Does anyone know who the directors of Corrance are

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyMoped View Post
    Anyone else get a letter from Montp in recent weeks talking about developments in another case which might be advantageous?

I've long failed to believe a word they say.
    Many got the letter. It was a load of nonsense - an attempt to try to claim fees if certain events happen which have no effect on MP clients.

I hope no-one hears from him again. I am very sure this is what will happen. Others disagree and I have been known to be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyMoped
    replied
    Anyone else get a letter from Montp in recent weeks talking about developments in another case which might be advantageous?

I've long failed to believe a word they say.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Where is FlorenceP now?

What are your views on this Florence?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by More Lamb View Post
    I wonder if these sums came from loan scheme users repaying 10% of their loans?
    Good spot! I had forgotten about them. The writing has been only the wall since Huitson UTTT appeal was 6 months late.

I do wonder if there are any scheme users who have not heard the latest and still trust WG? And I wonder what DB thinks of WG now? Will DB be in the firing line?

I suppose its too early to tell.

Leave a comment:

• More Lamb
    replied
    Originally posted by FlorenceP View Post
    The companies that deal with the loans, Corrance and Hazelmere I think they are called, are not part of Montpelier Group
    https://www.iomfsa.im/media/2636/chanceryprocedure.pdf

g. Some key payments are highlighted at JPM/3/264-266 of the RBS accounts which, by way of example show payments from clients/investors, coming in on 2/1/19 from Hazelmere Ltd of £40,000 and on the same day being a paid out into MP Gittins account; a further £40,000 comes in on 4/1/19 from the same entity and on 6/1/19 £2000 is ; £15,000 in on 18/1/19 and paid out to MP Gittins £10,000 paid out to MP Gittins on the same day. There are a very large number of payments over a considerable period of time with at least a correlation between clients monies and payments to the family. These payments were from the LLC account the statement for which were being sent to the Defendant at its registered address [see JPM/1/460]. In the absence of a dispute that these sums aswell as others totalling £1.1million and EU1.1.m, were paid to the EWG family, it does not seem necessary to go beyond these examples.

I wonder if these sums came from loan scheme users repaying 10% of their loans?

Leave a comment:

• Calmbeforethestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Following a link from the link https://www.iomfsa.im/media/2636/chanceryprocedure.pdf

16:15(page 12)
    even cursory reference to those bank statements would have informed the directors of the Defendant that payments made from the bank accounts of BIOM, LLC and MICI included personal expenditure of EWG and his family (for example, the purchase of racehorses by EWGs' wife and son, the payment to the Isle of Man Courts of Justice of a £700,000 security for costs order made against Montpelier Tax Planning (Isle of Man) Limited – noted by the Staff of Government Division as having been paid personally by EWG, hundreds of payments to EWG, his wife Maura Gittins, his son Mark Gittins and his son Ellis Gittins);

So far this seems to be civil courts. How long until this turns into a criminal investigation?

I have been waiting years for this.
    Looks like it will end only one way for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X