• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SmartPay Umbrella Scheme - Class Action"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    You might find this interesting...

https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/56022287

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by jrock View Post
    Tbh I’m not sure myself but on finding and reading this post I had hope of some justice.

I guess I would get pleasure if the owners of this scheme providers were at least fined and named and shamed by HMG
    Being realistic, when these are offshore schemes, deliberately set up to obscure just about every aspect of their existence, I would assume that number one priority from the very outset would have been to ensure minimal chance of redress from the UK legal system. I really don't think I could perceive any reasonable chance of justice being served. I am a bloke in the street, what do I know? But I do think the people who set these scams up were likely very careful to ensure their activities were going to remain out of reach of the law, forever.

Leave a comment:

• jrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I'm very curious regarding what you think can be done in terms of serving justice on these people?
    Tbh I’m not sure myself but on finding and reading this post I had hope of some justice.

I guess I would get pleasure if the owners of this scheme providers were at least fined and named and shamed by HMG

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by jrock View Post
    I think this is a great idea. AML and Smartpay have done the dirty on us ex clients and they cannot get away Scot free!

Between 2010 and 2018 AML were always staying they would back us throughout but in hindsight they just delayed the inevitable. And to add further insult still trying to get extra cash from us via PTS Vanquish options.

I will settle as unfair as it is as I have no other options. As painful as it is it would soften the blow if i know this scheme provider felt the full force of the law and prosecution
    I'm very curious regarding what you think can be done in terms of serving justice on these people?

Leave a comment:

• QCApproved
    replied
    If anyone can find an actionable cause of action against the promoters then I think everyone affected regardless of scheme and the financial outcomes would be happy to join. The problem the grounds for that action and the enforceability.

Leave a comment:

• jrock
    replied
    Originally posted by ProjectMan View Post
    As a result of Smartpay's recent announcement effectively hanging their contractors out to dry to HMRC, if anyone wants to join a class action send me a 'private' message.
    I think this is a great idea. AML and Smartpay have done the dirty on us ex clients and they cannot get away Scot free!

Between 2010 and 2018 AML were always staying they would back us throughout but in hindsight they just delayed the inevitable. And to add further insult still trying to get extra cash from us via PTS Vanquish options.

I will settle as unfair as it is as I have no other options. As painful as it is it would soften the blow if i know this scheme provider felt the full force of the law and prosecution

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    We aren’t aware of Smartpay’s recent announcement.

Are they associated with AML or Procorre, or is it a separate announcement?

Edit: oh, I see... https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...-smartpay.html

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yes it would, I’ll move.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Class actions are something that happens in the USA not the UK.
    Watch less Allie McBeal and more Rumpole.

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    Would this be better in the HMRC scheme enquiries sub forum?

Leave a comment:

• ProjectMan
    started a topic SmartPay Umbrella Scheme - Class Action

SmartPay Umbrella Scheme - Class Action

As a result of Smartpay's recent announcement effectively hanging their contractors out to dry to HMRC, if anyone wants to join a class action send me a 'private' message.

Working...
X