• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "APNs £200k - is there a safe place abroad to run to?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Really!? I didnt know that. Hope it was one of my more fruity posts even if it did raise a titter! (Had to break my self imposed exile as well to reply!)
    BB is back yay!!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yes they do, actually.

HMRC's counsel quoted a post by Bolshy Bastard during one judicial foray.

There was much tittering around the courtroom...
    Really!? I didnt know that. Hope it was one of my more fruity posts even if it did raise a titter! (Had to break my self imposed exile as well to reply!)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    OMG. Lol. Did they quote him verbatim? Wish I'd heard that. Did they say tulip?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yes they do, actually.

OMG. Lol. Did they quote him verbatim? Wish I'd heard that. Did they say tulip or winker?

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
    The astute play was to use the scheme for 1-x yrs then exit the jurisdiction.
    It's the only play for anyone still using a scheme now, not that the idiots will realise that until it's too late.

Leave a comment:

• QCApproved
    replied
    It very much remains to be seen what can and will be recovered from those fortunate to no longer be here or moving on shortly.
    At the moment the brown envelope piles are probably being used as stubbie coasters and quite rightly so.

The astute play was to use the scheme for 1-x yrs then exit the jurisdiction. As I have asid before I would love to see the geographical analysis of these tax "assets". I'm sure HMRC have it and it causes some angst.

Given the time the PS contractors can spend on here it seems likely HMRC spend a lot of time on here too
    Last edited by QCApproved; 12 April 2017, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Overit2017 View Post
    Thanks for your response. You were right. Not many answers to be had so it seems - maybe due to HMRC trolling this site or maybe because there arn't any. Will definitely try to join the Big Group if I can and will continue to Google.
    There are answers to be had but you probably won't find them with Google.

FWIW, I was told that UAE is pretty safe.

Leave a comment:

• Overit2017
    replied
    ... is there a safe place abroad to run to?

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    So you thought it's best to ask on a public forum notoriously scouted by HMRC? Ok...
    I suspect you're not going to get many answers here. You'll probably have more luck on private forums such as Big Group. I'd suggeste joining when it reopens later this month.
    In the meantime, do your homework on topics such as MARD and tax residency rules.
    Thanks for your response. You were right. Not many answers to be had so it seems - maybe due to HMRC trolling this site or maybe because there arn't any. Will definitely try to join the Big Group if I can and will continue to Google.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
    Yes they do as HMRC have apparently quoted posts from CUK during court cases.

Also as stupid as they are I don't think they are stupid enough to not use CUK as a resource, makes there crappy jobs easier.
    To be fair they have to see what their contractors are wasting time on the internet doing.

Oh and hi HMRC

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLastWinja View Post
    HMRC quoted CUK Forum in the original Huitson Judicial Review back in 2010.
    I stand corrected. Did not know that.

Leave a comment:

• TheLastWinja
    replied
    Apparently = Definitely

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    "Apparently", exactly my point.
    HMRC quoted CUK Forum in the original Huitson Judicial Review back in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Used to be you could flee to Switzerland. Then you could be extradited for evasion, but your money would be safe. However, EU legislation that Switzerland has agreed to has blocked this solution. Until Brexit of course.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    I'm not surprised...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Nobody really knows if this is true though do they?
    Yes they do, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah - fun places like Columbia, Patagonia, North Korea, assorted African backwaters. And, of course, you can never move back here or anywhere else vaguely civilised, including the OP's original list....
    You clearly know what you're talking about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X