• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lanyards and door passes and stoopid people"

Collapse

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    This was the Hairy Lemon in Halifax. You don't throw the women in there
    Or, for the avoidance of doubt, pull them. <shudders>

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Very true I must concede that point.

Big post count today New gig keeping you busy ??

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    To be fair, most women can do that if you're throwing them correctly

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    This reminds me of a memorable night out when it was discovered one of the secretaries could open the pub firedoors using only her chest. I do miss those two.
    To be fair, most women can do that if you're throwing them correctly

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    just look on the bright side, sooner or later a fit lady will do the 'MS wave' at the barriers and it will make your day.
    This reminds me of a memorable night out when it was discovered one of the secretaries could open the pub firedoors using only her chest. I do miss those two.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    The MS wave'...
    Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    <casual sexism>

MS, this is how women have been getting doors opened for them since time immemorial.

</casual sexism>
    MS is not what you would called "stacked" I am lucky she gets anything flashing them around

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    just look on the bright side, sooner or later a fit lady will do the 'MS wave' at the barriers and it will make your day.
    The MS wave'...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    <casual sexism>

MS, this is how women have been getting doors opened for them since time immemorial.

</casual sexism>
    This isn't merely casual sexism, it's digital sexism - although with the size of the guts on many at clientco I would have thought that the swaying of bellies would achieve the same result...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Gosh I forgot about those special permie passes.

Wear yours with pride working working class hero.
    Yes I was waiting for that but remeber they are security passes not employment passes - so even high falutin contractors get one.

What sparked it though was some guy try to swipe in to the building and we have those tube station style barriers to go through and he was bent so far over he looked like he was licking the thing...

salvage the damn pride man.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Gosh I forgot about those special permie passes.

Wear yours with pride working working class hero.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

If I have both hands full (e.g. laptop and tea) I can operate the switch by waving my chest at the sensor, then push the door open with my bum.

Of course it was much easier when HyperD was at clientCo, 'coz he always did the doors for me.
    I don't think we can understand the enormity of the task facing you, without photographic evidence of said chest bouncing at the sensor

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

If I have both hands full (e.g. laptop and tea) I can operate the switch by waving my chest at the sensor, then push the door open with my bum.

Of course it was much easier when HyperD was at clientCo, 'coz he always did the doors for me.
    <casual sexism>

</casual sexism>

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Just why do people insist on hanging their door passes around their necks and then rather than take them off to swipe in/out they do some stoopid contortion to open the door without removing their pass.

Crazy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X