• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "interview canceled , was it because ex team lader giving bad reference?"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by calacik View Post
    she might think im stupid and not know why it was cancelled ...

what have I got to lose if I just msg her on linekd in to say how you doing and a smiley face?

if she has done something she will get the msg and understand that I know its her , specially since we haven't spoken for couple of month and she will be shocked to see me smiling and aksing her about how she is doing ...
    if she hasn't then, nothing will happen and she will be like wtf lol
    Ah, so you will get the contract after all ... hang on ... no you won't! Why don't you send an application for a new gig rather than a linked in message.

However, if you and her have not spoken for months how did she end up as your reference? Surely you contacted her and asked her?

Or was a company reference? In which case she would only have confirmed facts (date of employment etc.) so she could not have given a bad reference unless you lied on your application, in which case they probably would have contacted you to ask about the discrepancy/

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied

what have I got to lose if I just msg her on linekd in to say how you doing and a smiley face?

if she has done something she will get the msg and understand that I know its her , specially since we haven't spoken for couple of month and she will be shocked to see me smiling and aksing her about how she is doing ...
    and she'll confess then will she Columbo?

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Swa-heed.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What is the 'swede', please?
    I believe it means 'head'.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Go around to her office and drop-kick her in the swede.
    Drip-kick first, ask questions later.
    What is the 'swede', please?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    OMG!!! Pondy is down wiv da kidz.
    No, I think MF's just sitting on top of him.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Y U mad bro. Dem feelz gonna make U crazy. YOLO.
    OMG!!! Pondy is down wiv da kidz.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Y U mad bro. Dem feelz gonna make U crazy. YOLO.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Don't feed the sockie, no matter how much it makes you laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I strongly suspect the reason they cancelled the interview is because they couldn't secure funding for the project.

Forget the conspiracy, your ex-mates have a lot more to worry about than spend their lives trying to "destroy" you.
    WHS

If it is indeed a bad reference, then that's bad luck, just don't use that referee any more. I don't think many people give bad references because giving bad references is a pretty stoopid thing to do when people are likely to have to work together again in the future; if I can't say something positive about someone then I don't comment and just say something at worst neutral. You know why? I might have to deal with them again someday. The whole references game is really a bit of a charade.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Why would she think you are stupid?
    The inability to spell the word "don't" would be a good starting point for me.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

That's how I is feelin after reading this thread, innit?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

She may well think you're stupid if she's seen you trying to communicate in writing.

If your posts indicate anything (let's face it that's all we have to go off) the evidence is compelling that you're thoroughly stupid.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    will it be wrong if I email my ex team leader on linkedin to find out more? and what to write ?
    I dnt want her to think im stupid ... incase she is giving bad reference... I also dnt want to make future job hunting much more difficult for myself.
    Assuming you find out that your ex-team lead has been badmouthing you, then what?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

Move on chap, move on.

qh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X