• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What are you?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you?"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Heaven forfend.

Though it would be inneresting to meet a Dalek or two.
    You've met Zathros then

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    People seem to take CUK really seriously - for a while, when considering going contracting, I was worried that people in real life would be similar to some of the people here.
    Whats this 'real life' you speak of? We're just a bunch of computer programs pretending to talk to each other.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I don't understand the question.

[nor do I fully get why GG gets so many people's back up]

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Nope, but a significant number of "new" posters are, you've even admitted that the Unix persona is simply the return of the many times perma banned Kandr/Russell.
    Banning on CUK is utterly meaningless with the number of sockies.

Am I upset that I've "upset" the GG persona? Not in the tiniest bit, I loathe dishonesty.

There are some sockies that are created for comedy and entertainment value that make the rest of CUK smile, but the GG type are just some sad sack lying or trolling and add nothing to the place other than noise.
    I have no other CUK accounts so I am not a sockie.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    People seem to take CUK really seriously - for a while, when considering going contracting, I was worried that people in real life would be similar to some of the people here.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Nope, but a significant number of "new" posters are, you've even admitted that the Unix persona is simply the return of the many times perma banned Kandr/Russell.

Am I upset that I've "upset" the GG persona? Not in the tiniest bit, I loathe dishonesty.

There are some sockies that are created for comedy and entertainment value that make the rest of CUK smile, but the GG type are just some sad sack lying or trolling and add nothing to the place other than noise.
    She's harmless, intelligent, has some interesting viewpoints, and it really ain't worth getting that upset over the silly spelling (and it is silly).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I quite like threads about odd stuff, makes a change from all the stuff about UKIP, EU, immigration, Islam etc. People can always ignore threads that bore them so trolls should only be a problem if they abuse others on CUK. Its only the rude f* a* like sasguru, mos and TykeMerc I can't stand.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    TykeMerc thinks everyone is a sockie, I'm sure he will accuse me of being a sockie next.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    databasing - every day is a day to learn more - keep ahead of the bobs and co

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    And if you're goal is to upset me, well congratulations. It's working.
    And your goal with the stupid spelling is what exactly? It's clearly upsetting a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A CONtractor or a conTRACTor?

Just wondering....
    contrACTOR more like.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    You're just a really unpleasant bully.

You jump on to every post I make to abuse me.

TykeMerc thinks everyone is a sockie, hopefully once he is diagnosed he will get some meds. You should see him in the office pulling at peoples hair with the phrase "You're not real this is a wig" as he is carted off foaming at the mouth and sectioned again. I'm sure he will accuse me of being a sockie next.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I sense someone over a certain age, inneresting rather reminds me of the of Rowan and Martins Laugh In....

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Not someone who creates endless boring sockpuppets, which spout dull fiction and have stupid affectations in the typing style. Oh also not a fake female or an inveterate liar.
    But I'm NOT Christian and that sockpuppet creator is definitely NOT female.

I can't imagine even the most obsessed tosser that's come up with that pathetic affectation thinks it's "cute" not after so many people have pointed out it's just stupid.
    You're just a really unpleasant bully.

You jump on to every post I make to abuse me.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    "She" gets a right strop on if you pull her up on "her" "cute" spellings via the rep system.

Apparently leaving negative rep is "not Christian"
    But I'm NOT Christian and that sockpuppet creator is definitely NOT female.

I can't imagine even the most obsessed tosser that's come up with that pathetic affectation thinks it's "cute" not after so many people have pointed out it's just stupid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X