• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "computermanuals.co.uk has gone kapaut"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    How much are the administrators making off of this?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Sale extended by another week. Now up to 85% off.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    UP TO 75% off.

The books I want only have 8% off
    I still spent over £100

Was very tempted by "Badass LEGO Guns: Building Instructions for Five Working Guns" but stopped myself in the nick of time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    People still use manuals? Got a lot in many office, not opened any for years, Google is simpler.

Trouble is, as read somewhere recently, Google replaces the memory. Used to know various languages off by heart once but now, although I can quickly knock up pretty complex website stuff for my retirement business I'd have a job passing an interview for a similar position. Don't bother to remember anything.
    I can't read longer things on my screen like I can a book. So I end up cobbling bits together without learning the underlying 'feel' and wonder why it's hard to understand!

9781840784329 C++ Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition : COMPUTER BOOKS - Computer Manuals

I read it as "in 4 easy steps"

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    os/2

Gem ....
    That's more like it for a Welsh college run by a lizard.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Windows?
    os/2

Gem ....

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Windows 2.0 for Dummies?
    Windows?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    One I looked at had been reduced from £49.49 to £48.99.

Bargain.

Windows 2.0 for Dummies?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    UP TO 75% off.

Same, couple I fancy are no more than 16% off, so sod that.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    UP TO 75% off.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    People still use manuals? Got a lot in many office, not opened any for years, Google is simpler.

Trouble is, as read somewhere recently, Google replaces the memory. Used to know various languages off by heart once but now, although I can quickly knock up pretty complex website stuff for my retirement business I'd have a job passing an interview for a similar position. Don't bother to remember anything.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What kind of man actually RTFM's!

For shame on you sir!
    Exactly - Whatever next? They'll be reading obscure man pages before you know it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

For shame on you sir!

I want the paper version of the TOGAF books which are usually £70 a shot. Then it will look like I know what I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

For shame on you sir!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    started a topic computermanuals.co.uk has gone kapaut

computermanuals.co.uk has gone kapaut

Which considering I've used them for 20 odd years is rather a shame.

however they are having an upto 75% off sale to get rid of the remaining stock so its worth paying a visit.

I'm £250 worse off

Working...
X