• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    There is masses of evidence for what Hitler did. With Clarkson there is one mumbled word which he denies is the N word, and Unix claims definitely IS the N-word. Presumably Clarkson knows better than Unix what he actually meant to say...
    He did say it, ITS ON VIDEO!!!!!!! If he didn't say it then why the grovelling apology? Dear oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm amazed at how intensely dense you can be.
    So you think that not using the word shows you are up your own backside? What a complete cretin.
    In any case, the word is an English and American epithet dating from the slave trade and wouldn't obviously have the same impact in Germany/Switzerland.
    Well, yes and no. The German word for Negro is Neger which nowadays is slightly frowned on as it has been bastardised by certain persons and has, in some circles, the same connotations as the n word apart from also sounding similar. There is a confectionery in Germany which is commonly known as a 'Negerkuss' which is a marshmallow type thing covered in black chocolate (also has another name which I can't look up as I'm at work but is practically banned) and this word is no longer used in polite company, instead people refer to them by the major brand name: Dickmanns but I think you can gather where the name came from I personally have never used either at work nor would I dream of doing so and I don't think I've used them in any other company here to think of, although I have heard Germans say Neger (as, really it isn't wrong.)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And yes, I have used it in the client office on occasion in very specific contexts. The continental Europeans are not so up their own backsides as certain British (Yanks are even worse), and so it didn't even raise an eyebrow.
    I'm amazed at how intensely dense you can be.
    So you think that not using the word shows you are up your own backside? What a complete cretin.
    In any case, the word is an English and American epithet dating from the slave trade and wouldn't obviously have the same impact in Germany/Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Do you know Hitler well?
    There is masses of evidence for what Hitler did. With Clarkson there is one mumbled word which he denies is the N word, and Unix claims definitely IS the N-word. Presumably Clarkson knows better than Unix what he actually meant to say...

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And yes, I have used it in the client office on occasion in very specific contexts. The continental Europeans are not so up their own backsides as certain British (Yanks are even worse), and so it didn't even raise an eyebrow.
    Can't think of a context it would be acceptable, unless you mean in the bog under you breath?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    I wasn't personally offended by Clarkson's racist rhyme, and I hear the word used in stand up comedy which is fine if its part of the routine, but the fact he is willing to use such words while filming is unacceptable. Again, all the posters sticking up for him, let's see you go into your client office and drop the n-word in a conversation, if you think its ok in a workplace to use it. I thought not.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    You will know them by their fruits
    Homophobe.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    It's amazing how well you know him.
    You will know them by their fruits

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Do you know Hitler well?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He is a racist twat who should have been fired, it's a disgrace he hasn't been.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Maybe if you watched CBeebies more closely, it might teach you the difference between G and J.
    And about contradictory statements.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The entire BBC is a load of crap that we all are supposed to pay for.

GC should take his programme elsewhere, like perhaps to a american cable channel where he could probably use whatever language he wanted..and make more dough whilst.
    Maybe if you watched CBeebies more closely, it might teach you the difference between G and J.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Well okay. Cbeebies and CBBC are fantastic.
    The aqueduct?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    CBeebies is great.
    Well okay. Cbeebies and CBBC are fantastic...but the rest of it..well okay so perhaps its just the News bit. And the whole promoting CofE stuff it has to do.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    CBeebies is great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X