• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarkson has always been a silly twat, but I doubt he's really racist.
    His serial deliberate provocation is becoming distasteful, tedious and tiresome though - some of us are grown up, even in this infantilised society.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      His serial deliberate provocation is becoming distasteful, tedious and tiresome though - some of us are grown up, even in this infantilised society.
      I do agree with you. He does act as an antidote to all the left wing politically correct rubbish that tries to control our lives and for that his existence is a welcome relief. He does take the micky out of people according to the groups and stereotypes associated with them - hence the remark about slopes , rudeness about Germans, golfers, rugby players Nigerian businessmen, Scots etc. Groups and stereotypes that are attributed to white middle class British men or people who are generally made fun of anyway (freemasons, morris dancers golfers) are expected to take it on the chin -as they do anyway). As soon as however he ventures into taking the pi** out of groups that are in anyway sensitive or victims then he gets into trouble. To be fair to him he is equally rude to all groups and stereotypes.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

OMG - I agree with a sasguru post - what is the cuk punishment for that?

Maybe I am getting old and finally heading towards cretinism.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I do agree with you. He does act as an antidote to all the left wing politically correct rubbish that tries to control our lives and for that his existence is a welcome relief. He does take the micky out of people according to the groups and stereotypes associated with them - hence the remark about slopes , rudeness about Germans, golfers, rugby players Nigerian businessmen, Scots etc. Groups and stereotypes that are attributed to white middle class British men or people who are generally made fun of anyway (freemasons, morris dancers golfers) are expected to take it on the chin -as they do anyway). As soon as however he ventures into taking the pi** out of groups that are in anyway sensitive or victims then he gets into trouble. To be fair to him he is equally rude to all groups and stereotypes.
          Feck me you're really saying using a racial epithet like the n-word is the same as taking the piss out of morris dancers?
          You're even more fundamentally stupid than I'd thought.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Feck me you're really saying using a racial epithet like the n-word is the same as taking the piss out of morris dancers?
            You mean the N word that he did not say?

SO he did not say it is that therefore the same as not taking the pi$$ out of morris dancers?

maybe you will like this post because it is not taking the piss out of you.

Honest..

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              You mean the N word that he did not say?

SO he did not say it is that therefore the same as not taking the pi$$ out of morris dancers?

maybe you will like this post because it is not taking the piss out of you.

Honest..
              Don't trouble yourself, it's beyond your intellectual capacity.
              You're only a "PM", after all.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I said no such thing. I simply made a general point about Clarkson that like you (but at least he is amusing) he treats everyone with equal amounts of disdain
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I wasn't personally offended by Clarkson's racist rhyme, and I hear the word used in stand up comedy which is fine if its part of the routine, but the fact he is willing to use such words while filming is unacceptable. Again, all the posters sticking up for him, let's see you go into your client office and drop the n-word in a conversation, if you think its ok in a workplace to use it. I thought not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    I wasn't personally offended by Clarkson's racist rhyme, and I hear the word used in stand up comedy which is fine if its part of the routine, but the fact he is willing to use such words while filming is unacceptable. Again, all the posters sticking up for him, let's see you go into your client office and drop the n-word in a conversation, if you think its ok in a workplace to use it. I thought not.
                    Aye there are a load of keyboard warriors on here.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                      I do all the time, but then again I'm Snoop Dogg's personal assistant
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X