• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend plans?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend plans?"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Currently on train home.
    But I shall be spending time to finish Pogle Jrs cosplay outfit for comicon and start on the one for her chum.
    Light gardening, catching up on tv and we have a man coming round to discuss our proposed extension.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

I'll again so probably not much. Might try and visit the brick library in Luton to try and find a suitable facing brick for my Tandoor. Also try and get some more planting done up the allotment, and get some more seedling trays in the incubator.

Taking SY02 out for dinner Saturday night (recommendations for a decent ruby in north London welcome).

Build the solar powered robot the kids got for Christmas.

Maybe play some blackjack with aforementioned kids.
    Karnaphuli in Stoke Newington.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I will be helping eek jr build Memory Game Expansion Pack

by which I mean giving her the instructions and only helping when she asks for help..

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Ah, these are more your regular small birds eye type chillis but they do the trick fresh or dried. You might need to have a google for something more exotic but I know you can get quite a few varieties as plants, I've seem scotch bonnets for example although I can't recall where.
    It was the Scotch Bonnets I tried previously that didn't take. I got them from my local garden centre near Woking and went "Ooooh, I'll try those bad boys!".

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Bah

Spring Cleaning I think.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I tried the year before last from seed and they just didn't grow at all. If this doesn't work I'll get a pot as you suggested - thanks doodab. I quite like these ones I've got: Chilli Pepper "Ring o fire" with a Scoville rating of 85,000!
    Ah, these are more your regular small birds eye type chillis but they do the trick fresh or dried. You might need to have a google for something more exotic but I know you can get quite a few varieties as plants, I've seem scotch bonnets for example although I can't recall where.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

Tonight: Out for dinner with Mrs P and sorting out all the SD cards, chargers, cables etc for holidays
    Sat: Drop the dog off at her holiday camp in the beacons, finish packing, train to LHR & flight to Oz
    Sun: Mid flight
    Mon: Breakfast in Sydney.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Thanks, and have a good one yourself. Thursday was a bank holiday here so I basically started on Wednesday with a concert in Gleis 22 in Münster where 70's punk legends from Belgium: The Kids were playing, brought back memories! A surprise was the support band, Les Marinellis from French speaking Canada who were really rather good. Yesterday was relaxing at home. Today is a bit of shopping, late night shopping day here where they always put on a show, so some new glasses for Frau D. and maybe something for me (although I think I went over budget in Münster during the week with many new clothes.) A few drinkies with some old friends this evening. Down to Heidelberg tomorrow as there is a rather good spice, herb and chocolate shop there and I need to stock up. May pop out to go see these guys from Finland in the evening after footie in the afternoon. Sunday, weather permitting which I am led to believe will be good, will be a trip up to Wetzlar to stroll around the town and the Lahn.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You can get a chilli plant in a pot from Waitrose for about £3, well worth it, we had one last year and I still have a good bowlful of dried chillis to get through. Sadly it didn't overwinter well so I've had to buy another.

Corn takes up a lot of space for what you get, not sure I'd bother with it again although I have to say roasting them freshly picked on the barbie was a treat.

I need to sort my veg patch out, it's just a mess of weeds at the moment. Sadly I'm not really up to digging much, I'll need to get my dad to bring his machine down and invest in some more horse poo.
    I tried the year before last from seed and they just didn't grow at all. If this doesn't work I'll get a pot as you suggested - thanks doodab. I quite like these ones I've got: Chilli Pepper "Ring o fire" with a Scoville rating of 85,000!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I'm going to spend most of the time in the garden planting corn, tomatoes, coriander, rosemary, mint, chilli and basil. I'll also start some Woodfordes Wherry homebrew and possibly some pinot grigio wine.

I forgot it was a bank holiday, not that it matters to me now.
    You can get a chilli plant in a pot from Waitrose for about £3, well worth it, we had one last year and I still have a good bowlful of dried chillis to get through. Sadly it didn't overwinter well so I've had to buy another.

Corn takes up a lot of space for what you get, not sure I'd bother with it again although I have to say roasting them freshly picked on the barbie was a treat.

I need to sort my veg patch out, it's just a mess of weeds at the moment. Sadly I'm not really up to digging much, I'll need to get my dad to bring his machine down and invest in some more horse poo.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I'm going to spend most of the time in the garden planting corn, tomatoes, coriander, rosemary, mint, chilli and basil. I'll also start some Woodfordes Wherry homebrew and possibly some pinot grigio wine.

I forgot it was a bank holiday, not that it matters to me now.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    We are going through Basel, so may see NAT if we have time, we were going to Como but think we are heading further west initially to Lake Maggiore, before heading for Venice and the Bologna to tour the Ducati factory. Highlight is probably a long weekend near Mugello to go and see Valentino Rossi do his thing in MotoGP at his home track, then Florence, Piza, Genoa, Monaco, Nice and then up through central France on the way back to Calais.

Quite daunting, its the longest Euro trip we have done and also on our own without euro tour veterans in attendance.
    Sounds fun. You're heading for the best food area as well IMO, I love the wild boar ragu they do in Emilia Romagna & Tuscany. I put 3/4 of a stone on in 2 weeks last time I was there, mostly because of that. Proper pesto in Genoa is great as well. And of course the Venetians have a few good desserts to boast about.

I'm hungry now. I might have to see if I can arrange one last binge eating holiday

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Tonight, not much. Probably watch a film with Mrs MUN. Maybe the Winter Soldier again as she has a serious thing for Captain America. I thought about getting a CA costume but I might actually get ripped limb from limb ... although it would be fun ...

Tomorrow -
    Friend's stag night. Paintball, bowling, pool, drinking (although no alcohol as I am driving).

Sunday -
    Church, to babysit.
    Take the kids somewhere fun for them.
    Fight practice, I have a new sword and a new buckler to use!!!!! We also won the national melee tournament last Saturday which was fun so it should be a happy, enthusiastic practice.

Monday - a charity raft race. Mrs MUN is on the team and I (although with mini MUN and micro MUN) am on support and will be looking after the children.

You?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Attempting to dodge a proposed shopping trip with the mother-out-law. Wish me luck
    Sunday - might burn some meat on the BBQ

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

Early finish today then off down to Reading for the beer festival with friends

Grand Designs Live exhibition on Saturday courtesy of freebie tickets from MS.

Bike Ride Sunday

Probably gardening on Monday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X