• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How far can things go?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

And why do pubic lice never infect heads? That's weird. You would think they would like a holiday away from home now and then, bit like people who live in Slough going to the Algarve Pakistan,Somalia,Gambia etc.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Recent news of huge rats, up to 16" not counting tail. Given the fact that fast breeding creatures mutate quicker, 3" public lice are just around the corner.

And why do pubic lice never infect heads? That's weird. You would think they would like a holiday away from home now and then, bit like people who live in Slough going to the Algarve.

PS Pandas are very dull creatures, there would be more concern if we dyed them pink.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 April 2014, 15:59.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    IMO pandas should be allowed to die out. It's not sad it's nature taking it's course.

Who will come to rescue of the bankers in the city when the ice caps melt and the sea rises a few meters?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    True but what about lice or fleas?
    honestly unlikely to ever become extinct they like Rats are far too good at survival.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    True but what about lice or fleas?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We are always reading about endangered species, and it is quite right, IMO that we should do all we can to protect them. On the other hand, if I lived in some remote part of India and Tigers were eating my goats/children I might not be so keen. We are all hypocrites.

Even pro-nature Brits think killing some species such as rats or ants is ok but what if we developed some really effective poisons and some creatures we regard as pests become endangered too? Some time in the future, will the RSPCA be visiting our houses and inspecting us to ensure our kids have the requisite population of head lice?
    If rats were endangered, they wouldn't be a nuisance/menace/whatever so killing them would no longer class as pest control.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think we should don our red coats, riding hats and get the horn between our teeth and hunt down every critter we can find just for the fun of the chase
    I agree. CUK fox hunting club will hunt down its first agent on this Sunday's hunt.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I think we should don our red coats, riding hats and get the horn between our teeth and hunt down every critter we can find just for the fun of the chase

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Kill 'em all, stop at nothing.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I am worried about the endangered cretin of cuk. Only 1 left in existence. He threatened to leave a few months ago - very upsetting.

Is there no female cretin that will breed with assguru and so preserve the cretin bloodline?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic How far can things go?

How far can things go?

We are always reading about endangered species, and it is quite right, IMO that we should do all we can to protect them. On the other hand, if I lived in some remote part of India and Tigers were eating my goats/children I might not be so keen. We are all hypocrites.

Even pro-nature Brits think killing some species such as rats or ants is ok but what if we developed some really effective poisons and some creatures we regard as pests become endangered too? Some time in the future, will the RSPCA be visiting our houses and inspecting us to ensure our kids have the requisite population of head lice?

Working...
X