• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend plans

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend plans"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I was hoping for a long cycle tomorrow. Might have to change that for a long swim.

Sat night I have dinner with my crew for the tripleIM. Sun I pick up twins from church and cook them lunch. Their favourite - chicken curry.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Thank you for your kind concern.

Old Mother Bee is baby sitting overnight, so Mrs SB and I are off to London to see **** Buttons.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Ta for asking

Tonight: Quiet one at home
    Sat: Haircut, shopping for some new shirts & have to pick up a mystery parcel from the post office. No idea what as I can't see anything outstanding from Amazon. . Then taking Mrs P out for Mojitos and dinner.
    Sun: Start holiday packing.

Have a good one yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Have been off this week with Pogle jr
    Today shes got a mate coming over for the day, so cue much giggling and shrieking in a language I barely understand.
    Tomorrow ferrying her around to her various activities and Sunday we may take in Judys vintage fair at Victoria warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Thanks for asking Mr eek

Fri: red wine, perusing our new menu with GF#1, then LOTR #2
    Sat: tidy office, red wine, takeaway
    Sun: mother's 70th birthday at Great Fosters!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Kind of you to ask.

Tonight: Not much, curry and beer in front of the telly with MrsB most probably.
    Tomorrow : Bike related stuff, out for a ride on the road bike and stripping down the head set on the MTB as it's started to go very stiff and I think its bearing shells are knackered. Will be pain if they are as I don't have the tools to remove the old bearings or fit new ones so it will be an LBS job.
    Sunday : Bike ride again plus mowing the lawns etc if the weather stays dry.

Need to fit in the month end accounts at some point as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    I am considering a trip to Whistable (oysters) or Brighton (immigrants) to enjoy the sites

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

Packing and kit sorting tonight and then:

Saturday:
    National SCA melee tournament! The London team have lost one of their best fighters due to injury (he is a former European champion) but another American guy has recently moved to London and joined them which sucks. Will take sword, spear, shield, dagger and poleaxe and work out what to use once I am there. North England won it last time but may not be able to field a strong team this year.

However, I hurt my back last week and another one of our fighters fell off his bike yesterday and hurt his hand. It looks like hardly anyone will be healthy enough to even get there.

I will have mini MUN and micro MUN with me as Mrs MUN is at her sister's hen day/night. I have arranged someone to look after them for the fight and have their authentic clothes and toys ready.

Assuming I don't end up in hospital we will round the tournament of with a feast before bringing the kids home.

Sunday:
    Church to watch the kids but nothing planned other than that. Hopefully play on my rPi

You?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Thanks for asking..

Tonight: enjoying the fine weather with a nice glass of summat in the garden and cooking summat
    Tomorrow: might wander into the city to laugh at all the normally reserved cloggies letting their hair down for kings day, also have drinks in the evening to meet some of our neighbours
    Sunday: nowt planned as yet.

Leave a comment:

• SaltyLevels
    replied
    Ooooh, I get to use my new ride on mower tomorrow for the first time, although looking at the garden, a scythe might be useful first. Then fitting new boom box to the car whilst having a secret check on my serrano ham I am curing (might even take a nibble....).

...and how rude of me, thanks for asking
    Last edited by SaltyLevels; 25 April 2014, 08:49.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Ta for asking.

I have the parents visiting so we'll most likely end up playing monopoly or similar with the eldest while grandma entertains the youngest. We might try and get out somewhere as well I suppose, though the weather is supposed to be tulip so that might not happen.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    Thanks for asking.

I'm off for a gym induction tomorrow morning, seeing a friend's band play on Saturday night & no doubt having a few beers, then not a lot on Sunday!

You?
    Tonight collecting 1 eek jr from overnight stay and waiting for wife to return from friend whose dad has died

Tomorrow maker faire with other eek jr

Sunday don't know, but possibly maker faire again with the first eek jr if it's any good

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

I'm off for a gym induction tomorrow morning, seeing a friend's band play on Saturday night & no doubt having a few beers, then not a lot on Sunday!

You?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Weekend plans

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Your wife.

(It never gets old).
    I've told you before, she is very high maintenance and rapidly turning into Mad Cat lady, you can have her.

I even offered you times last week to pick her up yet you didn't collect
    Last edited by eek; 25 April 2014, 08:01.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Granted its been a short week but its still (thank Crunchie) Friday...

So what is everyone planning to do...
    Your wife.

(It never gets old).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X