• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Entertainment at ClientCo"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Nah this was just parking on the road in general. He used to shoot out the house and tell people it was his road there. Funnily enough most people would look at him funny and move the car.
    I would too - someone that weird might vandalise my car if I left it there.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Only decaff coffee in the decent coffee machine

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    if it was parked in front of his driveway then he is right.

http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk...ntion-code-27/

he almost certainly doesn't own the area of road or pavement in front of his house though. There will be a restriction in the deeds.
    Of course, I wouldnt be happy if someone blocked me in. thats different.

Nah this was just parking on the road in general. He used to shoot out the house and tell people it was his road there. Funnily enough most people would look at him funny and move the car.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    You've answered your own question... Parking is frequently differentiated based upon usage - hence residents permit parking.

If residential streets start being used as overflow parking for a business it won't take long before those streets become residents permit parking. Until then sure, you or anyone else is free to park there, but the greater the number, the more the complaints, the quicker such restrictions will be imposed.
    Yeh, IF restrictions are in place. Not if the road is yellow line/marking free. BTW - its not residential streets in my case. Its roads on an out of town 'science park'.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I worked at an new office where the car park seemed to take up only half the space available, there was a large section of flat waste ground next to it, I was told that they only got planning for a percentage of the space for parking in order to reduce the car journeys of staff.

It was next to a motorway as well and 2 miles from a train station.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    They are building the most massive carpark in the world at the station next to clientCo. Double storey and goes on further than the eye can see. Feck knows how they're going to fill it.
    I can help them

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Bollacks mun. Since when does parking in this country differentiate on what the car is being used for? If there are no yellow lines or restrictions or whatever then you can park there regardless of what your motive is be it going to work, going dogging, going shopping, or because you live there. Obvious unless its residents permit parking you arent going to see signs saying if you live here you can park, but not if your working around the corner.

Even as an employee I would tell employer to get stuffed if they told me where I could park my car on a pulbic road.

IF the council get complaints then of course they're quite within they're rights to follow due process and introduce restrictions but until then I'll legally park where I want.

Used to have a mate who used to go and ask people to move if they parked in front of his house. No yellow lines or anything. Complete nutter he was. Used to reckon the road in front of his house was his property. Used to piss myself laughing that he was so weird.
    if it was parked in front of his driveway then he is right.

http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk...ntion-code-27/

he almost certainly doesn't own the area of road or pavement in front of his house though. There will be a restriction in the deeds.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Bollacks mun. Since when does parking in this country differentiate on what the car is being used for? If there are no yellow lines or restrictions or whatever then you can park there regardless of what your motive is be it going to work, going dogging, going shopping, or because you live there. Obvious unless its residents permit parking you arent going to see signs saying if you live here you can park, but not if your working around the corner.
    You've answered your own question... Parking is frequently differentiated based upon usage - hence residents permit parking.

If residential streets start being used as overflow parking for a business it won't take long before those streets become residents permit parking. Until then sure, you or anyone else is free to park there, but the greater the number, the more the complaints, the quicker such restrictions will be imposed.

Leave a comment:

• silverlight1
    replied
    I've seen more and more clients stating that contractors can't park in the company car park

Makes me nervous leaving the 911 parked on a road

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's not how it works. My street has free parking but it's for residential use - a business who started cluttering the street up with their employee's cars would be at fault and a company is surely responsible for its employees to some extent. Sure you're a contractor but the point still stands, no yellow lines doesn't mean no restrictions at all. If lots of people park there and the council get complaints, they might impose restrictions like yellow lines/no-parking zones/parking permit zones, etc.

Even as an employee I would tell employer to get stuffed if they told me where I could park my car on a pulbic road.

IF the council get complaints then of course they're quite within they're rights to follow due process and introduce restrictions but until then I'll legally park where I want.

Used to have a mate who used to go and ask people to move if they parked in front of his house. No yellow lines or anything. Complete nutter he was. Used to reckon the road in front of his house was his property. Used to piss myself laughing that he was so weird.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Apparently, this is it I've heard. Council get wassed off when they find out that clientco cars are all around the place.

But my answer is, well theres yellow lines around half the roads but not others. As long as I'm parked legally then its tough tittie and sod off to both clientco and council. Get yellow lines done then.

Of course, dont tell clientco that. Just say yeh ok and say nothing of course.
    That's not how it works. My street has free parking but it's for residential use - a business who started cluttering the street up with their employee's cars would be at fault and a company is surely responsible for its employees to some extent. Sure you're a contractor but the point still stands, no yellow lines doesn't mean no restrictions at all. If lots of people park there and the council get complaints, they might impose restrictions like yellow lines/no-parking zones/parking permit zones, etc.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Probably don't want to get in trouble when the council finds they're cluttering up roads with their employees?
    Apparently, this is it I've heard. Council get wassed off when they find out that clientco cars are all around the place.

But my answer is, well theres yellow lines around half the roads but not others. As long as I'm parked legally then its tough tittie and sod off to both clientco and council. Get yellow lines done then.

Of course, dont tell clientco that. Just say yeh ok and say nothing of course.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    There seems to be an echo in this thread...
    thread...thread... read... ed... ed...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I snooze on the train to get to work.

HTH
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I snooze on the train on the way to work.

HTH
    There seems to be an echo in this thread...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    FTFY
    Dave, that you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X