• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: D>I>V>O>R>C>E

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "D>I>V>O>R>C>E"

Collapse

• SaltyLevels
    replied
    Samsung 65" Smart TV 8000 series I think, bought through Currys as it was cheaper and it came with the 5 year guarantee for free.

Magic bit of kit. Kids like the 3D, although I can't see 3D, so it's as good as tits on a bull in that regard. Allows streaming, Skype (although it's a bit scary having people come through full screen on it) and internet browsing plus applications.

If I didn't have to work, I'd watch it all day long. Well, if I was allowed to.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    As for buying a telly, window shop at currys but go to john Lewis and get the 5 year warranty... Amazon
    We got our new Panasonic from John Lewis a couple of months ago. Same price as Amazon, but with the 5 year warranty that was not on offer on Amazon.

42" LED 3D Smart TV.

3D (passive) a bit pointless - I have bought a couple of 3D blu-rays (that come with 2D also) but not watched them yet. At first it was a novelty being able to turn any TV show, or RedYoutube video into 3D, but don't bother much anymore.
    Smart TV very useful - use it for Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer, etc. There's a subscription / pay per view movie app also (Wuaki I think) that is OK but not great (no HD / 5.1). I don't want to faff about with separate devices for this - much prefer it all built in.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A virtual divorce brings to mind a online-only relationship

Originally posted by eek View Post
    sorry to hear the news.
    WHS

As for buying a telly, window shop at currys but go to john Lewis and get the 5 year warranty... Amazon

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Aren't all women like that?
    That descibes my one quite well, but I'd add mad cat lady to the description

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I wish...

Quite tempted to kick off the fun with one of these now that there'll be no more eye watering heating bills to pay:

God damn, that's a gorgeous machine. I've always fancied a blast on a Supermoto.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you mean your lady wasn't at least 3 people at the same time?

My Mrs (who I do love dearly) is Loving & considerate, intensely irritating and bat tulip crazy all in the same package!
    Aren't all women like that?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Sorry to hear about the TV.
    POTD

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I wish...

Quite tempted to kick off the fun with one of these now that there'll be no more eye watering heating bills to pay:
    Good start. Now for some accessories;

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I wish...

you mean your lady wasn't at least 3 people at the same time?

My Mrs (who I do love dearly) is Loving & considerate, intensely irritating and bat tulip crazy all in the same package!

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Well, virtual divorce because we weren't actually married but after 12 years it feels pretty much the same deal .

And she's taken the TV .
    Sorry to hear about the TV.

Sony and Samsung seem to be the market leaders at the moment. 3d is OK, a bit of a gimmick but they all have it these days. If you sit closer than about 8 feet from a TV showing a 3D output then the picture goes all funny.

I'm not convinced about the "Smart TV" stuff, I would prefer to buy a PVR, PS4, Xbox or Apple TV box and just have the TV as a monitor. TVs last for years, set top boxes come and go quite often.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    after 12 years with the same women he may not be choosy.

Good luck, get yourself a decent telly and have fun. Make sure you go out a few nights a week just to make sure you don't end up as a hermit
    I wish...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    after 12 years with the same women he may not be choosy.

Good luck, get yourself a decent telly and have fun. Make sure you go out a few nights a week just to make sure you don't end up as a hermit

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    AAAAWWW, that sounds seriously painful!!!! What kind of girls were you rolling with??!?!?
    He went to public school, nuff said.....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Didn't you claim that it blocked out the moon....
    No Bunk did

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Remember when you were a young man? It wasn't easy when some girl broke it off for some strange reason,.
    AAAAWWW, that sounds seriously painful!!!! What kind of girls were you rolling with??!?!?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X