• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scotland, UK, GB, UKIP and a new name required"

Collapse

• GreyWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Regarding Scottish royalty, what's the family line of inheritance from King James II of England downwards?

Who is in the frame if it went that way?

The Duke of Bavaria is the current Stuart pretender to the throne:

Franz, Duke of Bavaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that it matters though, as the the idea that the Jacobite rebellion was a straight English vs. Scottish fight is a myth. There were plenty of Scottish Hanoverians and English Jacobites.

Personally, I'd let them take the Royals with them and we could restore the Commonwealth of England.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Regarding Scottish royalty, what's the family line of inheritance from King James II of England downwards?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    They can't keep the Queen, we're keeping her. The Queen is not on the table.
    Maybe we should give them the royalty before the Queen is replaced by that awful twat, The Prince of Daftness.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Auction her off. You can't argue with the free market.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    I don't think Gareth Thomas will flee to England
    What with Thomas being a traditional Scottish name.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I thought they wanted to keep the Queen?
    I don't think Gareth Thomas will flee to England

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's not a glass table is it?

(sorry, had to get that in before Darmstadt or NorthernladyUK)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Wales was part of the kingdom of England before the union with Scotland, so I assume it would remain so if that union is abolished.

Therefore the United Kingdom of England and Northern Ireland fits the bill.

As an aside, if Scotland gains independence, will it be a Kingdom (as it was before the union), a Republic, or a status similar to commonwealth countries like Australia (whatever that is called)? Has Alex Salmond opined on the matter? I haven't been paying attention to him.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Wales was part of the kingdom of England before the union with Scotland, so I assume it would remain so if that union is abolished.

As an aside, if Scotland gains independence, will it be a Kingdom (as it was before the union), a Republic, or a status similar to commonwealth countries like Australia (whatever that is called)? Has Alex Salmond opined on the matter? I haven't been paying attention to him.
    and will the Duke of Edinburgh have to think of a new title?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I think it's funnier thinking what will the SNP do if when the people decide no
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    How about "State 51", with a nice new stripey and starry national flag ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X