• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain to benefit from leaving the EU"

Collapse

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    First bit, yes. Governments seem to forget that the free movement policy was set up to enable free movement of workers, not free movement of scroungers, and they need to set up their policies to deal with that. In that respect perhaps I'm simply defending my own position as somebody who has never held his hands up to the state and wants to keep the freedom to travel to where there's work. The generosity of a country's welfare system is simply not a consideration for me when deciding where to live and work, because I'm determined not to use it. Perhaps it's just pride.

Second, yes, there are downsides, but I'm not convinced that the downsides are worse than the downside of having almost complete free movement of capital without allowing people the freedom to follow capital and work where they can find work.
    Europe works very well for ITcontractors like me. I work where I can find the most interesting contract and I normally work for the local daily rate . Its most likely the Bobs that drive the rate down and not our fellow europeans. It must be a nightmare for the UK uneducated masses to have to compete with the whole of Europe.
    However leaving the EU will not solve their problem as companies would rather relocate somewhere else than employ most of these loosers. About 25% of unemployed are completely unemployable I.e the untouchables.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Dupek?
    yours too. (I am saddened at the 'enrichment' of your culture, DA)
    Last edited by mos; 10 April 2014, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    He has a head, I thought he was talking out of the other end.
    Your clever remark stink of desperation.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Dupek?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    With a chip on the shoulder that big surprised mos can find his head in the morning.

And what is this oh so hard working Polish contractor doing spending so much time on CUK?

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    It all started when Nazi troops dressed as Polish soldiers 'invaded' Germany, so blame Germany and Russia for agreeing to annex Poland between them
    We call it systematic genocide.

We were talking about whining of UKiPpers and who benefited from the Marshal plan.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    And what is this oh so hard working Polish contractor doing spending so much time on CUK?
    Same thing as the rest of us profiteering barstewards!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    Whom exactly are you calling the scroungers !? Stop projecting your bad attitude on honest, hard working people.

Again, you chose target of your hate and prejudice because its easy: people who are honest, hardworking and are keeping head down. Too surprised to even start thinking about fending off this smear campaign. If Western civilisation will die, here you have why.
    I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    With a chip on the shoulder that big surprised mos can find his head in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Why does US aid to Britain and Poland's fate in the war have any relevance whatever to free migration in the EU? What happened to Poland was terrible but maybe you should be blaming the Germans and Russians for that. After a long debilitating war the UK had no further capacity to oppose Russian expansion and why would it be our duty anyway?
    We were talking about Marshall Plan, and the origin of the Myth that Britain did not get it.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    First bit, yes. Governments seem to forget that the free movement policy was set up to enable free movement of workers, not free movement of scroungers, and they need to set up their policies to deal with that.
    Whom exactly are you calling the scroungers !? Stop projecting your bad attitude on honest, hard working people.

Again, you chose target of your hate and prejudice because its easy: people who are honest, hardworking and are keeping head down. Too surprised to even start thinking about fending off this smear campaign. If Western civilisation will die, here you have why.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    In my opinion Britain also made a very large mistake when it didn't develop the consumer markets of its colonies. By neglecting education (e.g. not creating a single decent further education institution during its tenure in India) , Britain ensured there was no middle class to sell its goods to.
    Of course the reasoning behind that was that an educated populace would struggle for independence but it was obvious this would happen anyway.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Poland was affected by war to the greatest degree: 6 million Poles murdered or killed (elites were especially targeted), 50% of infrastructure, especially industrial. And after all that ....
    Why does US aid to Britain and Poland's fate in the war have any relevance whatever to free migration in the EU? What happened to Poland was terrible but maybe you should be blaming the Germans and Russians for that. After a long debilitating war the UK had no further capacity to oppose Russian expansion and why would it be our duty anyway?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Please read BBC. Why someone is spreading this misinformation? interesting ...
    BBC - History - British History in depth: The Wasting of Britain's Marshall Aid

Poland was affected by war to the greatest degree: 6 million Poles murdered or killed (elites were especially targeted), 50% of infrastructure, especially industrial. And after all that ....
    It all started when Nazi troops dressed as Polish soldiers 'invaded' Germany, so blame Germany and Russia for agreeing to annex Poland between them

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Please read BBC. Why someone is spreading this misinformation? interesting ...
    BBC - History - British History in depth: The Wasting of Britain's Marshall Aid
    The truth is that the post-war Labour Government, advised by its resident economic pundits, freely chose not to make industrial modernisation the central theme in her use of Marshall Aid.
    Oh then I stand corrected and if you've found a way to blame the Labour party for wasting money then I congratulate you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X