• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to benefit from leaving the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mos View Post
    Support for UKiP only shows that some 30% of the indigenous populations are gullible fools with no more sense than a band of monkeys.
    Vote UKIP!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Vote UKIP!
      Yup, they are an embarrassment.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Yup, they are an embarrassment.

Before you make comments like this you might like to reflect how your country would react to having its borders open to every country in the EU were Poland's economy as strong as that of the UK. We are the most tolerant people on the planet and UKIP are a necessary counter to the liberal forces that have enabled our generosity to be exploited.

If you don't like it you can go back to Poland and take your victim/entitlement mentality with you.
        Last edited by DodgyAgent; 10 April 2014, 10:08.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Before you make comments like this you might like to reflect how your country would react to having its borders open to every country in the EU were Poland's economy as strong as that of the UK. We are the most tolerant people on the planet and UKIP are a necessary counter to the liberal forces that have enabled our generosity to be exploited.

If you don't like it you can go back to Poland and take your victim/entitlement mentality with you.
          Our national wealth and resources were picked clean by predatory capital, much of it from your country. Can't you see that your 'transformation' (read looting), destroyed our economy, while our good and hard working people are actually helping your economy?

Ah, OK. I forgot that you are brainwashed!

And don't forget that after war England was carefully nursed back to health by Marshal plan, while my country was ravaged and terrorised by Stalin.
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Our national wealth and resources were picked clean by predatory capital, much of it from your country. Can't you see that your 'transformation' = looting, destroyed our economy, while our good and hard working people are actually helping your economy?

Ah, OK. I forgot that you are brainwashed!
            More victim whining. Examples please?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Before you make comments like this you might like to reflect on how a person who has grown up believing in hard work might react when he finds that he's not allowed to move across a border to find a job because the protectionist forces who are taking over previously free market oriented countries have decided they don't want people with funny foreign names competing for their jobs.

If you don't like it then you can go to Cuba and work in an economic system that might be more suited to your fear of genuine free markets and competition.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

And don't forget that after war England was carefully nursed back to health by Marshal plan, while my country was ravaged and terrorised by Stalin.
                Britain did not recieve help under the Marshall Plan; in fact Britain only finished repaying the US for their part in the war effort a few years ago. The Marshall Plan was developed to help other countries, like Germany and Holland, rebuild their economies after the war.

Comment

Before you make comments like this you might like to reflect on how a person who has grown up believing in hard work might react when he finds that he's not allowed to move across a border to find a job because the protectionist forces who are taking over previously free market oriented countries have decided they don't want people with funny foreign names competing for their jobs
                  If we ignore the very many who travel who don't grow up believing in hard work or who don't succeed despite it, that might make sense if the argument was just about the economy. It isn't, disparate beliefs on serious issues, failure to integrate with all the problems relating to administration, health and crime that that causes, the pressures on our infrastructure, schools, housing and countryside are major issues.

Look at the facts and there are huge downsides of mass immigration for the existing population in return for a non-existent or insignificant boost to their personal wealth.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

More victim whining. Examples please?
                    Facts from that idiot? Do us a favour Dodgy. And quite why what Stalin did is relevant I have no idea.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      If we ignore the very many who travel who don't grow up believing in hard work or who don't succeed despite it, that might make sense if the argument was just about the economy. It isn't, disparate beliefs on serious issues, failure to integrate with all the problems relating to administration, health and crime that that causes, the pressures on our infrastructure, schools, housing and countryside are major issues.

Look at the facts and there are huge downsides of mass immigration for the existing population in return for a non-existent or insignificant boost to their personal wealth.
                      First bit, yes. Governments seem to forget that the free movement policy was set up to enable free movement of workers, not free movement of scroungers, and they need to set up their policies to deal with that. In that respect perhaps I'm simply defending my own position as somebody who has never held his hands up to the state and wants to keep the freedom to travel to where there's work. The generosity of a country's welfare system is simply not a consideration for me when deciding where to live and work, because I'm determined not to use it. Perhaps it's just pride.

Second, yes, there are downsides, but I'm not convinced that the downsides are worse than the downside of having almost complete free movement of capital without allowing people the freedom to follow capital and work where they can find work.
                      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 April 2014, 10:50.

Comment

Working...
                      X