• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nigel's gravy train"

Collapse

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Seriously. £40 a head is gourmet food and fine wine in Strasbourg. I think not
    Surely they paid more, especially if more than 12 rounds were involved. I suspect that they have more than that in daily allowance. Perhaps £40 excluded alcohol?

Whatever. Being married to German while sleeping on the side with Eastern European girls and then going on one of his usual racist anti Eastern Block rants is just wrong. Therefore, my verdict is: oof with his winkle!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    Its a bit oof topic, but here we have even more disgusting article on Refco-Farage:

UKIP leader Nigel Farage was handed 7 Up bottle as reward 'for bedding Latvian woman SEVEN times in one night' - Mirror Online

Oof with his dongle!
    Seriously. £40 a head is gourmet food and fine wine in Strasbourg. I think not

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Nigel Farage 'employs both his wife and mistress at public expense' - Telegraph

Still, to be fair the accuser doesn't seem to have an impeccable record of telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    Its a bit oof topic, but here we have even more disgusting article on Refco-Farage:

UKIP leader Nigel Farage was handed 7 Up bottle as reward 'for bedding Latvian woman SEVEN times in one night' - Mirror Online

Oof with his dongle!

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

And look at the damage that currency union has wreaked on the poor peoples of Southern Europe. These countries should have been allowed to default and revert to their respective currencies and gradually recover rather than being subjected to the stranglehold of EU bailouts and the associated crippling austerity.
    Fine that you say that. I said that 5 years ago. But that should apply to the UK, look at these figures:
    World Debt Clocks

The UK has almost twice foreign debt/GDP than Greece, almost three times more than Italy, four times more than the US.

And what has it got to do with Nigel and UKIP? They don't have an economic policy. They are content with living off the EU taxpayer.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    The obvious question is Annabelle, would Mitch ???
    they looked pretty cosy here ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnNSGjYQIU

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Politics is a dirty game.
    Couldn't agree me, as for politicans, lets just say a picture paints a thousand words:

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Politics is a dirty game.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And they were trying to stop these guys: UKIP tries to shut down comedy tour : News 2014 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=K3tQbeuFtPQ
    Last edited by darmstadt; 12 March 2014, 19:55. Reason: Why can't you embed videos anymore?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sexy Bang-Bang UKIP Pinups

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mind you, this is good:

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its no surprise many of the backers are ex tories, their agenda is similar to previous Tory eras.

I suspect Maggie would have joined UKIP.
    Or the fact that they're really an 80's Tory party in disguise:

- It seems that a lot of UKIP voters are not familiar with the fact that the party is stuffed full of Tory politicians. Their leader Nigel Farage is the most high profile ex-Tory in UKIP having abandoned the Tory party in 1992.

- William Legge (or the Earl of Dartmouth - to refer to him by his establishment title) who quit the Tory party in 2007 and got himself elected as an MEP for the South West region for UKIP in 2009

- Stuart Wheeler, who abandoned the Tories and soon became the UKIP party treasurer.

- Roger Helmer, who was elected as a Tory MEP for the East Midlands region, but defected to UKIP in 2012.

- Former Tory MP Neil "cash for questions" Hamilton, who was welcomed into UKIP with open arms.

And the mad ones:

- Boston Councillor Elizabeth Ransome who famously said "I no [sic] this is probably a stupid question, but is tuna a real fish like ones that swim in the sea?"

- Julia Gaspar who claimed that gay people have sex with animals and children

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Meanwhile back in Brussels Nigel carries on.

Gloves are coming off now. Openly calling EU leadership a bunch of maniacs. .

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    UKIP are funded in exactly the same way as the Tory party, and were they ever to obtain any real measure of power, you can be absolutely sure that their financial backers will be looking for payback (in the form of favourable legislation, seats in the House of Lords, knighthoods, political appointments, subsidies and outsourcing contracts or even the chance to actually write government legislation for them) in exactly the same way major donors to the Tory party have been handed countless favours by the Tory led government.
    So much like the Labour Party being manipulated by the Unions?

FactCheck: party donors – who funds Labour and the Tories? | The FactCheck Blog | The FactCheck Blog

Its no surprise many of the backers are ex tories, their agenda is similar to previous Tory eras.

I suspect Maggie would have joined UKIP.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    As I understand it EU directives are implemented through National Governments. In this country EU laws become British law through our Westminster Parliament. Mostly through statutory instruments which don't even get voted on in Westminster.

So British police in British police uniforms enforce EU made law. There really is no need for the EU to phone anyone at all.

Quite a clever system really. It allows our lovely British politicians to swan about pretending to run the country while the EU does the heavy work.
    And who are some of these people who think up stupid EU laws?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I like the fact the UKIP is pretty much bankrolled by the Tories:

- UKIP's biggest donor is Paul Sykes, an ex-Tory donor, who has made his level of control over the party absolutely clear with statements like "Me and Nigel work well together. He's articulate and he's learned a lot ... but remember I binned Nigel once before in 2004".

- Another major Tory party donor turned UKIP backer is Eton educated Stuart Wheeler, who has risen rapidly through the UKIP party ranks to become their treasurer. Before he defected to to UKIP Wheeler handed out over £625,000 to the Tory party.

- Other major Tory donors that have taken to bankrolling UKIP include James Hanson, £10,000; Robin Birley, £15,000; Michael Stone, £20,000; John Scott, £7,500; John Craven, £12,500; William MacDougall, £8,000; and David Caldow, £16,000.

- Aside from the major Tory party donors turned UKIP backers, there are also the Tory wives. There's Yvonne Vinson, the wife of Tory bigwig Nigel Vinson, whose donation seems to be related to her husband's threat to defect to UKIP if David Cameron doesn't take a more Euroskeptic stance. Then there's a £100,000 donation from Clare Barbour, who is the wife of Tory donor Patrick Barbour.

UKIP are funded in exactly the same way as the Tory party, and were they ever to obtain any real measure of power, you can be absolutely sure that their financial backers will be looking for payback (in the form of favourable legislation, seats in the House of Lords, knighthoods, political appointments, subsidies and outsourcing contracts or even the chance to actually write government legislation for them) in exactly the same way major donors to the Tory party have been handed countless favours by the Tory led government.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X