• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "British jobs for british workers!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    And what qualifications and experience do you have, if you do not mind me asking?
    why would that affect me doing menial jobs?

I have plenty but as I found out in 2003 it wasn't all that simple to get a job doing what I did, I was seriously considering retraining in plumbing (bit of the wife's family tradition).

Luckily I managed to convince a few businesses I knew something about computers and charge them for the pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, but purchasing managers tend to be
    Then they would be a very good match. Perhaps they can together ?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Rather drastic, but that's the kind of political climate we have in NL nowadays.

As for his policy, well, he's going to end up confining his business to bottom feeding..
    He's going to be directing The Human Centipede 3 ????

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Is that the most complicated sentence you can write in English? Then, vote UKIP!

UKIP, the only party that replace barely literate foreigners with barely literate natives!
    Vote UKIP!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Why are you calling his potential clients ?

Is that not a bit hypocritical? This attention seeking buffoon made a choice, to put down and humiliate honest, hard working folks, who chosen not to bleach their roots. He made a decision as to whom he is hiring. Do the clients deserve less? Don't they deserve the right to chose whom they wish to hire? How is that ?
    No, but purchasing managers tend to be

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Plenty do, though B&Q & Sainsburys seemed to be the preferred choice for many older staff.

If they can't support themselves then let them do menial jobs rather than claim benefit.

I did and still would.
    And what qualifications and experience do you have, if you do not mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    And it should not be. Imagine older IT professional, who lost his job to bobification. Do you really believe that it would be fair to force him to clean the bus station toilets after a few months of unsuccessful job hunting?
    Plenty do, though B&Q & Sainsburys seemed to be the preferred choice for many older staff.

If they can't support themselves then let them do menial jobs rather than claim benefit.

I did and still would.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Unless of course, under pressure from some multinational purchasing wonk he decides to 'adapt' his strategy.
    Why are you calling his potential clients ?

Is that not a bit hypocritical? This attention seeking buffoon made a choice, to put down and humiliate honest, hard working folks, who chosen not to bleach their roots. He made a decision as to whom he is hiring. Do the clients deserve less? Don't they deserve the right to chose whom they wish to hire? How is that ?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    full of East Europeans down on their knees
    Sounds like Hamburg

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They try this each year in Germany at this time of the year as well. Its asparagus season and each year the fields around me are full of East Europeans down on their knees doing this back breaking work, living in communal sheds, etc. and they come year after year after year. Now some politician decides that the unemployed should get off their backside and do this, and you know what, it fails as they can't do it. Its too hard, doesn't pay enough, hours are too long and so on and that plan quietly gets dropped until the next year.

It actually makes me laugh, I see and speak to idiots who complain about the foreigners working yet they can't find a job so I point out that there are plenty of jobs, cleaning the streets, working in the station, menial ones but still a job (I've done it when younger) but they consider these type of jobs to be both below them and too low paying. These people also tend to be right leaning and vote that way. ******* idiots...

BTW, Germany has voted to have a minimum wage now, woooh....

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Vote UKiP and leave me alone!
    No to both!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    And it should not be. Imagine older IT professional, who lost his job to bobification. Do you really believe that it would be fair to force him to clean the bus station toilets after a few months of unsuccessful job hunting?
    Look, I don't want to hold my hands up to the state. If I have to clean bogs to earn a living, I'll clean bogs. I've done worse jobs. My parents would do the same and Lady Tester would do the same. It's called 'pride'.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    That's a bit rich
    Vote UKiP and leave me alone!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Breaking news: Wesley de Laat (the guy who said he would only employ Dutch cleaners) has received death threats. I can't imagine why.
    Rather drastic, but that's the kind of political climate we have in NL nowadays.

As for his policy, well, he's going to end up confining his business to bottom feeding. Brabant is full of huge international concerns like Philips, ASML, VDL, BMW and clientco; all those firms operate internationally with clients all over the world and they force suppliers to conform to their 'corporate social responsibility' statements. Seeing as he's now made news internationally, they won't be seen dead hiring his services. He's shutting the doors in his own face with this and confining himself to supplying cleaning services to low end hotels and provincial recruitment agents. Unless of course, under pressure from some multinational purchasing wonk he decides to 'adapt' his strategy.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Well what I don't understand is that while there is supposedly an obligation for the unemployed to accept any available work after some number of months of unemployment, I don't get the impression that it's enforced.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X