• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What do I want for my birthday?"

Collapse

• aoxomoxoa
    replied
    So, Suity, is this what counts as a requirements workshop?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You are right. Do we agree this is unlikely to spiral though?
    I'm in two minds, and although I might opine a fair bit, I'm rarely correct and make a lot of what I say up.

The risks run quite a wide range.
    - There's the chance for civil war if Crimea want full independence and Kiev won't let go.
    - What if Crimea vote to rejoin Russia and Kiev says no, Crimeans escalate and Russia steps in "to protect the civilians"?
    - Russia decides that the EU / NATO are all talk, so roll into Crimea as they did Georgia. How do EU / NATO respond then? Are they going to keep allowing Russia to do this time after time?

Those are a few things off the top of my head, and all centered around the Crimea. Russia won't be happy if Ukraine as a whole turn back to the EU, but how they work to prevent that is another matter.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Not quite.

Crimea was already an autonomous region. They are saying "Just because you changed your government in Kiev, don't think you can come down here and overrule our autonomy."
    Crimea also has the largest group of ethnic Russians also, which might explain some of it. Don't forget that Sebastapol is in Crimea which is a major Russian navy base and they just extended the lease on it until 2051 or so. I think that might play a role in it as well...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Tit for tat. They in Crimea are saying that the current government are not legit, so we can take power illegitimately as well. This is a complex game of chess and Putin knows exactly what he is doing. Putin is not in favour of any kind of global conflict, so I suggest not worrying overly.
    Putin is quite keen to build a "free trade zone" to rival the EU out of ex-USSR countries. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to realise that free trade zones that work work because you have an overarching rule of law. The sort of cronyism that Russian business seems to favour simply isn't suited to that sort of arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Not quite.

Crimea was already an autonomous region. They are saying "Just because you changed your government in Kiev, don't think you can come down here and overrule our autonomy."
    You are right. Do we agree this is unlikely to spiral though?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Tit for tat. They in Crimea are saying that the current government are not legit, so we can take power illegitimately as well. This is a complex game of chess and Putin knows exactly what he is doing. Putin is not in favour of any kind of global conflict, so I suggest not worrying overly.
    Not quite.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Little more than sabre rattling.
    2014-02-27 Pro-Russian Gunmen Seize Ukraine Crimean Parliament; Russia Puts Jets On High Alert

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Little more than sabre rattling.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'd ask for a wilderness survival shelter, in case the Ukraine situation gets out of hand ..
    2014-02-26 - NATO Responds To Russian Military Drill, Backs "Inviolability" Of Ukraine Frontiers

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you the same as me when seeing a skimply dressed 18 year old - mmm wonder what her mum looks like?
    I do that.

I think that's normal. Mind you I saw a (I'm guessing) 60 year old the other day and thought she looked like fun.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Get yourself a motorbike and an organ donor card.

Official website of LOTUS MOTORCYCLES | C-01 | powered by motioncompany
    That looks safe

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    FTFY.
    you the same as me when seeing a skimply dressed 18 year old - mmm wonder what her mum looks like?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Get yourself a motorbike and an organ donor card.

Official website of LOTUS MOTORCYCLES | C-01 | powered by motioncompany

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    deinde ad id, quod suus : hmm it could work

I have asked BGG for a complete air brush kit for my birthday
    I just found my old one which has been stuck in a box the last couple of years. Forgot to sell it when we got rid of all the Larp kit before we moved to cloggers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X