• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend plans

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend plans"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Pogle has very impressive talons!

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oh ta!
    They are a bit long though
    Hence the long overdue manicure...
    See above

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Saturday will be spent shopping and then racking off the Elderberry wine. First bash at DIY bacon. Beer and food in the evening.

Sunday: club ride and a visit to aged GMIL.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Pogle has very impressive nails!
    Oh ta!
    They are a bit long though
    Hence the long overdue manicure...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    which one? I've got the R2-D2 I bought last week to build. May start it may not depending on whether the hackintosh works immediately or not.
    it's a lego creator fighter jet, quite a big one. It might be discontinued now as it's quite old. I got about a dozen sets cheap by collecting tokens from the german supermarket when i was there, so i'm slowly drip feeding them. There is that and two city ones left.

I am going to buy a mindstorms set as well I think.
    Last edited by doodab; 7 February 2014, 13:41.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Taking it easy, probably venture up the common with doodab jr and a radio controlled monster truck, shoot some video on my new camera, and there is a giant lego set to be assembled too.
    which one? I've got the R2-D2 I bought last week to build. May start it may not depending on whether the hackintosh works immediately or not.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Taking it easy, probably venture up the common with doodab jr and a radio controlled monster truck, shoot some video on my new camera, and there is a giant lego set to be assembled too.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    I will be rest-ing up thanks.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Sunday - maybe off on the bike with my other partner if not out with daughters to give Mrs V a rest.

Like so?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Ta for asking!
    The weekend will be spent doing the usual ferrying my daughter to various activities, gym at some point and most importantly a manicure.
    Pogle has very impressive nails!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Thank you for your interest.

Today I'm trying to sort out a project that has been running since June last year but appears to have been dumped in my lap this week. (PM has just got promotion).

Tomorrow - am Off on the bike to outer [DS]mongolia[/S] Marlow with Saffer John.
    pm - probably intensive care if not lying useless on the Sofa snoring.

Sunday - maybe off on the bike with my other partner if not out with daughters to give Mrs V a rest. Bottling / drinking Cider & Black Cherry wine.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Cheers...

- Just finishing of work, loads to do although, and then driving down to Solingen (the Sheffield of Germany due to the cutlery connection) where I shall meet Frau D. Then off to a club to celebrate 25 years of Ox magazine with 9 bands: CHURCH OF CYCOLOGY, ÄRGER NOW, BLANK WHEN ZERO, LOVE A, VITAMIN X, ASTA KASK, GENERATORS and the real reason I'm going: THE RUTS DC (haven't seen them for going on 30 years)
    - Saturday, was going to go to football in Solingen but they've changed the dates so will pop over to Wuppertal to ride the Schwebebahn which is quite unique (oh and Solingen is one of only 3 German towns to still have trolley buses so I'll probably give that a go.) If there are any decent matches on in the area then probably visit one otherwise back to Darmstadt and have a bit of an evening
    - Sunday will be relaxing and cooking as Monday is another dentist visit (I went this Monday where it took 6 injections and 45 minutes of hard work to extract a molar which was ****ed to hell, still smarting!)

Have a good one everyone...

Schwbebahn:

The Ruts:

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Ta for asking!
    The weekend will be spent doing the usual ferrying my daughter to various activities, gym at some point and most importantly a manicure.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Friday: weights & confirm poncy holiday
    Saturday: Dodgy tides = no rowing so bike at home, swim
    Sunday: Bike, facial and run home, swim

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Very kind of you to ask.....

Tonight is the RAF Club, Piccadilly - old school reunion, all very posh and a chance to see how 'the gang' has changed from 24yrs ago....
    Tomorrow is drive home, kids to dance class, collect luggage from courier that airline-managed-to-misplace-on-recent-flight-and-take-a-nearly-a-week-to-deliver....when no-one was in, watch the mighty Liverpool duff up the Gunners on BT Sport and then quietly slide into unconsciousness with a nice bottle of red in the evening with Mrs kevpuk, while watching Take Me Out
    Sunday will be all about recovery, and spending time with the family.......before packing for the next week, ahead of Monday mornings fun drive up the hallowed M3!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Off to Devon.

See family.
    Emptying house ready for new tenants in March.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X