• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 3?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Ah, it is the same as Weil's disease - we used to get warned about that when canoeing.

Seriously, if 3 people have got it, you should get yourself down to the doc for a blood test.

Leptospirosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And avoid watersports...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Email today :-

Dear athletes,
    Posting bollux on CUK
    most of us are stuffed then!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Good job you didn't swallow any of that water then....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Email today :-

Dear athletes,
    We are investigating possible cases of leptospirosis as we have been informed of three of our participants being hospitalized and very poorly.
    This disease could be transmitted by contaminated waters among other things.
    Leptospirosis can cause a wide range of symptoms, including:
    High fever
    Headache
    Chills
    Muscle aches
    Vomiting
    Jaundice (yellow skin and eyes)
    Red eyes
    Abdominal Pain
    Diarrhea
    Rash
    Posting bollux on CUK
    Many of these symptoms can be mistaken for other diseases. In addition, some infected persons may have no symptoms at all.
    The time between a person's exposure to a contaminated source and becoming sick is 2 days to 4 weeks. Illness usually begins abruptly with fever and other symptoms. Leptospirosis may occur in two phases:
    after the first phase (with fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, vomiting, or diarrhea) the patient may recover for a time but become ill again.
    if a second phase occurs, it is more severe; the person may have kidney or liver failure or meningitis. This phase is also called Weil's disease.
    The illness lasts from a few days to 3 weeks or longer. Without treatment, recovery may take several months.
    Considering the seriousness of this disease, we are advising you to consult your MD without delay, If you have or are starting to experience any such symptoms please inform your MD about our suspicion. Please also notify us.
    We will follow up this communication shortly on the basis of your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    How ya doing? No long term ill effects? Tip top shape for L2B?
    Pleased to be back. I am commuting this week and next week(18 miles a day). Next week is early morning swims too. Sat 14th = swimming lesson plus 28 mile cycle. I am really looking forward to L2B - except perhaps missing suity & MF.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Welcome back stranger. Bloody good show what...
    Many thanks. I was very pleased. Sorry I was away but while carb loading, NTRT lost quite a large battle. I don't think admin would be pleased if I posted what I thought....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Many thanks for the cuk comments - very much appreciated.

Interesting that the only 2 -ves came from those who wimped out of L2B.

And cheers to MS for MS for relaying info.

I really apprecaite it. <sobs> <goes all Paltrow>.

Okay - can I go back to being abusive now please? This is general....
    Welcome back stranger. Bloody good show what...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

How ya doing? No long term ill effects? Tip top shape for L2B?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Seriously, if you want to, er, ride your bike in the privacy of your room with the door locked, how the hell do you end up on the sex offenders' register?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Don't be coy. This is the internet and CUk general where anonymity can be mixed with bravado and keyboard warriorness!

He's a wuss. A marshmallow. A limp wrister. A quitter. A whining whinger!! A loser!!!!!!!!!
    I bow to your great expertise on the subject.

Brillo is still my hero!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'd call him a wuss for not finishing, but I'd struggle to drive that far without needing a good rest at the end of it all.
    Don't be coy. This is the internet and CUk general where anonymity can be mixed with bravado and keyboard warriorness!

He's a wuss. A marshmallow. A limp wrister. A quitter. A whining whinger!! A loser!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I'd call him a wuss for not finishing, but I'd struggle to drive that far without needing a good rest at the end of it all.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Brillo loves his bike.

But not as much as this guy...

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Bike sex man placed on probation

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Enjoy the post race pint! Well done.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    At least he didnt pop his knee this time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X