• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Laptop for Sale

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Laptop for Sale"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    show me where the advice is tulip? There is a shed load of evidence that the best upgrade you can give a computer is an ssd drive
    Brilliant advice well worth what I paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Yeah but your happy to give out tulip advice for free. Sorry I'm being harsh, do you take bitcoins?
    show me where the advice is tulip? There is a shed load of evidence that the best upgrade you can give a computer is an ssd drive

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Until I see the colour of your money I don't provide explicit advice. I'm a contractor, I don't do anything for nothing....
    Yeah but your happy to give out tulip advice for free. Sorry I'm being harsh, do you take bitcoins?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Jeesh I would have googled it myself if I known this is the level of answer I would get.

What's the point in having google bitches if they aint buttering the toast.
    Until I see the colour of your money I don't provide explicit advice. I'm a contractor, I don't do anything for nothing....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Look on ebay. Anything with an SSD will be better.
    Jeesh I would have googled it myself if I known this is the level of answer I would get.

What's the point in having google bitches if they aint buttering the toast.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Picked up a £300 HP ProBook the other day for the missus to do some courses. Combined with the £150 cashback offer for old XP machines, I'm rather happy with that purchase.

Now I've just got to find something sexy to replace my ageing EliteBook. It can still hold its own for the most part, but it runs red hot (Yes, I've cleaned it) and the battery is long since useless.
    The new lenovo x1 carbon looks nice if you can live with 8gb RAM. Otherwise the new T series are out now.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Picked up a £300 HP ProBook the other day for the missus to do some courses. Combined with the £150 cashback offer for old XP machines, I'm rather happy with that purchase.

Now I've just got to find something sexy to replace my ageing EliteBook. It can still hold its own for the most part, but it runs red hot (Yes, I've cleaned it) and the battery is long since useless.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Give us a link please.
    Look on ebay. Anything with an SSD will be better.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    OK. Thanks. Your comment has been noted! But you could fill in a complaint form if concerns persist .

Next, please ...

Originally posted by d000hg
    Complaint: boring. This isn't a car boot sale
    Originally posted by CUK
    Thanks for deducting reputation from this user.
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    You clearly didn't get the dig. I wouldn't give that computer to my children / granny let alone roll up to a client site with it...
    OK. Thanks. Your comment has been noted! But you could fill in a complaint form if concerns persist .

Next, please ...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He was being polite.

You can get a new better spec laptop for £290.
    Give us a link please.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Its simple! if you aren't interested , move on to the next thread! Thanks for you concern....
    He was being polite.

You can get a new better spec laptop for £290.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Its simple! if you aren't interested , move on to the next thread! Thanks for you concern....
    You clearly didn't get the dig. I wouldn't give that computer to my children / granny let alone roll up to a client site with it...

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    No contractor would (or should) go onsite with a laptop like that. It says "I settle for cheap tat" and clients will clock it and wonder what else you settle for when you're doing your job.

£290 for that is a joke TBH. You've got more chance of finding £290 down the back of the sofa. I'd guess that it's worth £200 tops. Stick it on ebay as a buy it now or best offer.

I got a lenovo T420 with i5 and 128GB SSD for £430 second hand. I got an X230T for £460 as well. Those are top end laptops, easily upgraded to 16GB. No need to waste money on tat.

Here you go, £260. 16GB ram will set you back £125 from crucial. I'd fit an SSD as well TBH.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SLAPIBMT420I5298B

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you happy to give a link / reveal your eBay ID so we can have a butchers (or push the prices up )?
    No, cos it's my real name. Most of the expensive stuff is on as buy it now anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X