• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Yuck Mich Wouldn't

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yuck Mich Wouldn't"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Getting back to the actual case, her sentence was probably far too lenient.

Ah yes, abusive relationship etc. I am not doubting that people can be very influenced by such things and I don't think people are necessarily to blame for what they are, but (in the absence of some magic cure) prison sentences should be guided by one practical consideration, the future risk the offender presents to society.

How many could go through the childhoods that Fred and Rose West went through and be any better? Fred West's behaviour also may have been in part due to brain damage due to an accident, again not his fault. However, given what they were for whatever reason, anything other than life sentences would have been insane.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I leave the belief of "magic" to those dull-witted enough to have imaginary friends.
    Quite, you should have a puppet parrot as a friend as I do.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That's more like it SB.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    To most men 3 is a magic number, as the song says.
    Not when the other "2" are another bloke and a trufflehunter like her.
    Unless of course you are desperate........which you may well be of course.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I leave the belief of "magic" to those dull-witted enough to have imaginary friends.

HTH
    Exceptionally crap reply, even by your standards. To most men 3 is a magic number, as the song says.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You didn't see the magic word in the article?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    but with equal sentences.

they didn't seem to press the conspiracy part, just the imprisonment, I suppose to avoid putting a mother in Jail.
    Although it would have to be viewed on a case by case basis, I don't think plotting to hurt someone, and actually torturing them, are equally bad. For a start, you cannot prove what the non-participating planner wanted to happen. They might have plotted ABH but the torturers gave GBH, etc.

In this case, I think actually handing out that kind of horrible torture should attract additional punishment. However that doesn't mean I think the woman should have escaped prison.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You really have to push the boundaries of "honeytrap" way out there to incorporate her.
    Never seen anyone that fugly with only one head before!!
    If you dog was half as grim-looking you would shave its arse and teach it to walk backwards!!

You didn't see the magic word in the article?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You really have to push the boundaries of "honeytrap" way out there to incorporate her.
    Never seen anyone that fugly with only one head before!!
    If you dog was half as grim-looking you would shave its arse and teach it to walk backwards!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You're equally guilty, but of different crimes.
    but with equal sentences.

they didn't seem to press the conspiracy part, just the imprisonment, I suppose to avoid putting a mother in Jail.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    so if you plot a murder you are less guilty than the one that pulls the trigger?
    You're equally guilty, but of different crimes.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That seems a bit weird. Plotting something is a lot easier than being the one who does the dirty work.
    so if you plot a murder you are less guilty than the one that pulls the trigger?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    She arranged it, was complicit in it and admitted it. AIUI conspiracy gets the same sentence.
    That seems a bit weird. Plotting something is a lot easier than being the one who does the dirty work.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    She arranged it, was complicit in it and admitted it. AIUI conspiracy gets the same sentence.
    I thought it did not, although I think it should.

My cousin was murdered by an ex girlfriend and some of her friends after he won custody of their daughter. She lured him over under the pretence of discussing custody arrangements and they jumped him and stabbed him to death. She managed to get away with 2 years after blaming her drug problem. Although I am not sure what the men involved got, I was not at the court room when they were sentenced.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    She probably claimed that she had not idea what they were going to do, there was nothing she could do to stop them etc.

The victim thought that Doyle ‘looked like a drug addict’, and told McCluney in a text that she should get tested for sexually transmitted diseases.

McCluney told Doyle, who was enraged, and recruited her and Hogan to get revenge.

The man, who begged for mercy, was pelted with eggs by the trio before being released with a warning from Doyle that his family would be shot if he spoke out.

Convicted robber Doyle, 24, was jailed for five years for false imprisonment, and convicted arsonist Hogan, 28, was jailed for four years. Both pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    She probably claimed that she had not idea what they were going to do, there was nothing she could do to stop them etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X