• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Petition to bring back Old Greg"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was hoping Mudflapper still had his password that was the only time he's ever spoken any sense.
    Who says I don't?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    he was offering to pick it up you were that good last time. & we Know Old Smeg is a taker!
    He's not fussy either way if you wave a five Euro note at him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    he was offering to pick it up you were that good last time. & we Know Old Smeg is a taker!
    I was hoping Mudflapper still had his password that was the only time he's ever spoken any sense.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You can't tempt me to pick up the soap, so don't try.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Do we need to have a whip round to get you a new obesity grabbing aid?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So you're out on parole then. It's only a matter of time before you're banged up again.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    So are you feeling a bit exposed now that you're officially (pending AtW's confirmation) the nastiest drunk on the forum?
    So you're out on parole then. It's only a matter of time before you're banged up again.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Oh bugger.
    So are you feeling a bit exposed now that you're officially (pending AtW's confirmation) the nastiest drunk on the forum?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Are you startin'?
    Oh bugger.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Nah, he can stay banned
    Are you startin'?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nah, he can stay banned

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    When I play chess now, it makes me think "this must be how Alzheimers sufferers feel".

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I played a lot as a kid, did the "tour" playing tournaments in various schools and even was selected to play for my county once. When I try these days it just frustrates me. I can remember being good but am useless so I'm constantly aware of how badly I'm doing.

It isn't really chess if you just play the same move over and over
    +1. We had a curate who I often played chess with. Even though I knew I'd forgotten a lot by not playing in 15 years I was scarily bad.

I only discovered later that he still practiced and played for his country as a child.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ditto. Was primary school champ, but fear I may have regressed since then.
    I played a lot as a kid, did the "tour" playing tournaments in various schools and even was selected to play for my county once. When I try these days it just frustrates me. I can remember being good but am useless so I'm constantly aware of how badly I'm doing.

Or is he aluding to the fact that OG is playing forum Chess? We all like moving the pieces around but there's a big difference between tactical / aggressive play and deciding to drop your trousers & lay a big turd down for all to see & then say 'your move'.
    It isn't really chess if you just play the same move over and over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X