• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Healthy Diet Failures"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    This place has been allowed to fall so far that sockies created for maximum dullness can get 3 pages with threads like this. You would get more interesting chat in an autistic day care centre.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Are you one of those sad little men (and I am assuming you ARE male) that get their kicks insulting people behind the anonymity of an Internet forum user id?

Honestly, I've come across the likes of you before and I bet that, in reality, you wouldn't say boo to a goose.

I'm no psychologist but I can hazard a reasonable guess at what lies at the root of your inadequacies.

You can't get it up.

Which part of tedious did you not understand?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Are you one of those sad little men (and I am assuming you ARE male) that get their kicks insulting people behind the anonymity of an Internet forum user id?

Honestly, I've come across the likes of you before and I bet that, in reality, you wouldn't say boo to a goose.

I'm no psychologist but I can hazard a reasonable guess at what lies at the root of your inadequacies.

You can't get it up.

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    I like this one, can we keep her?
    Oh yes.

What can I say except "Gittin there gal".

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    She catches on quick this one.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You keep telling yourself that, it won't work!
    cheeky get!

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Please sort your headgear out. Thx
    Ooops! Will change when I get back to the office this evening.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Good point; it's a lot easier if you're having a laugh and doing something fun with other people. That's why the ladies volleyball club's foam party has a permanent place in my diary.
    Glad to hear it - that is the training session I run on Thursdays.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    You are in Hampshire? Come and train with us on Thursday nights! Good way to get fit and you get to learn to fight with swords, spears, axes and whatever else I can cram in my van to hit people with. I once spent a few sessions teaching someone to fight with a light sabre (yes, really).

Losing weight is far less complicated than a lot of people try to make it out to be apart from some edge cases. Cut down on calories and do some more exercise but you already knew that.
    Good point; it's a lot easier if you're having a laugh and doing something fun with other people. That's why the ladies volleyball club's foam party has a permanent place in my diary.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    You are in Hampshire? Come and train with us on Thursday nights! Good way to get fit and you get to learn to fight with swords, spears, axes and whatever else I can cram in my van to hit people with. I once spent a few sessions teaching someone to fight with a light sabre (yes, really).

Losing weight is far less complicated than a lot of people try to make it out to be apart from some edge cases. Cut down on calories and do some more exercise but you already knew that.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied

You can't get it up.
    I like this one, can we keep her?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Me too. Which is why I got an exercise bike for £100 in my garage, so that I can watch box-sets while I exercise. It's far, far easier - I've been doing it 2-3 months and still haven't slipped up, I wouldn't last 2 weeks if I joined a gym.
    I understand all this; I only go to the gym because it's winter and I'm away from home near clientco, otherwise I hate the places. In the summer I bring my bike with me. Luckily the gym's exercise bikes have some VR rides from Italy and the Rockies to make it all less boring. I've also started using the punchbags and boxing gloves to do some interval training; all good fun. Plus; some of the laydee members provide viewing pleasure when they're doing their exercises.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Seriously WGAS? Is tedium your middle name?

You can't get it up.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Motivation. That's the problem, especially at this time of year when all I want to do is curl up in my little woodland abode with a box set every night.

The thought of a trip to the gym at the end of a long day in the office is a dark cloud that hangs over the day.
    Me too. Which is why I got an exercise bike for £100 in my garage, so that I can watch box-sets while I exercise. It's far, far easier - I've been doing it 2-3 months and still haven't slipped up, I wouldn't last 2 weeks if I joined a gym.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Please sort your headgear out. Thx

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I don't normally make New Year's resolutions. In fact, this year I've actually made an anti-New Year's resolution and cancelled my gym membership. I've always found going to the gym a chore but finding it packed to the rafters with people on a New Year's fitness fad, I can't get on to any of my instruments of torture when I want to and getting changed in the locker room is like a game of Twister.

That said, I do need to go on a bit of a detox - particularly paying attention to what I eat - my insides took a right Royal battering over Christmas!

Of course, it won't last because events will unfold exactly the same as they do every year. The sequence of events normally starts with me thinking that I need to eat less processed food, less meat, fewer fatty things and more fruit and veg and then, over a short period of time, this thought process gets refined into me thinking I am going to cut out meat altogether and eat nothing but organic produce. And therein lies the problem as I will inevitably be led to the local health food shop. Now, this isn't Holland and Barratt by any means but a real sandal lover's panoply of soya derivatives and enough fibre packing wholemeal fayre to glue your ribs together for a lifetime with plenty of herbal infusions thrown in for good measure.

And I will duly buy enough to last me a week. And by the end of that week I will be completely and utterly sick to the back teeth of it and find myself in Barnacle Bill's ordering double haddock and chips to counteract the comfort food deficit I've accumulated over the preceding week. It's about all the dreary wholesomeness I can take....
    Seriously WGAS? Is tedium your middle name?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Motivation. That's the problem, especially at this time of year when all I want to do is curl up in my little woodland abode with a box set every night.

The thought of a trip to the gym at the end of a long day in the office is a dark cloud that hangs over the day.
    Try it; it helps me sleep well regardless of spending the day talking with Mr CMMi and his deputy, Mr HP QC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X