• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This forum is becoming a cesspit of incest and inbreeding"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've lost patience with it as well.

Precisely.

They do, and it's very helpful. If I don't like someone's behaviour, and there are a few reports, then it's more likely that if I take action, it's not out of personal bias. Of course, the weight given to a report depends on who made the report - for example, picking someone at random, anything from SY01 will be ignored.
    Any new poster who wants to fit in should just join:

Spreading it around to neg MF - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...because some people just don't want to give new posters a chance. Alright, some people write long sentences, and some people like to share opinions on all sorts of stuff, but leave out the speculations about previous posters and let people enjoy themselves. FFS, we could do with one or two literate posters on here.

The usual ribbing about gladiators and bleeding the radiators is par for the course on CUK, but whole threads about a new poster just slagging him/her off; that's out of order.

You know who you are and you know what I'm talking about.
    I've lost patience with it as well.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    If anyone is upset or unhappy about posts they should report them.

That's what the Report button is for.

(Ignore the cries of 'Sneak/Splitter' - those posters are generally the ones keen on keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)
    Precisely.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    People actually use the report post button
    They do, and it's very helpful. If I don't like someone's behaviour, and there are a few reports, then it's more likely that if I take action, it's not out of personal bias. Of course, the weight given to a report depends on who made the report - for example, picking someone at random, anything from SY01 will be ignored.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Done.
    preferably one with an actual link to the original post.

Good try tho........

and God loves a trier.....

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I think I've used it once. No, it wasn't one of your posts, you bedwetting bloody narcissist.
    Originally posted by eek
    I love you when you talk about wetting, I do.
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm hurt.

Can you show me any post where I've given MP a compliment......
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is that when Eek called you fit and you realised it was a spelling mistake???
    I'm hurt.

Can you show me any post where I've given MP a compliment......

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Grass.
    Kid Creole & the Coconuts - Stool Pigeon 1982 - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I think calling a new poster as a sockie is par for the course on CUK.

What generally happens is that after a certain number of posts the accusations of sockie disappear and you carry on your merry way. Unless the new poster then decides to get a bit attention seeking.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    (Ignore the cries of 'Sneak/Splitter' - those posters are generally the ones keen on keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)
    You mean girl.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I think I've used it once. No, it wasn't one of your posts, you bedwetting bloody narcissist.
    Is that when Eek called you fit and you realised it was a spelling mistake???

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Grass.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I thought you were sick
    There's levels to that statement EO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X