• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tulip gig - coping mechanisms"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    What I really need to do is learn the art of looking busy.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Keep calm, carry on invoicing and hope you aren't found out at your next contract....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If you don't mind I have some urgent development work to attend to.

Actually, no I don't.
    Keep calm, carry on invoicing and hope you aren't found out at your next contract....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    FTFY
    If you don't mind I have some urgent development work to attend to.

Actually, no I don't.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Fingers crossed bud.

Test managers, BAs, PMs, architects, in fact all non-techie people in IT are tediously dull and surplus to requirements.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Damon View Post
    I am going out of my mind writing a UAT test plan. Never have nor never will be a test manager!

I have a final interview for another gig on Friday.
    Fingers crossed bud.

Test managers are tediously dull.

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    I am going out of my mind writing a UAT test plan. Never have nor never will be a test manager!

I have a final interview for another gig on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Damon View Post
    ???
    Very, very bored. Dragged out to Jersey to keep a chair warm.

Gobby sales manager in the next room whinging and moaning doing my nut in. Yes from time to time you have to chase people, it's a fact of life. Stop moaning, pick up the phone and chase.

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    ???

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    This is me currently.
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    You mean like they do? Last builder I had used to turn up and 10 ish and be gone before 3.
    a)Hire a better builder
    b)was he charging you a day rate?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed off if my builder did the day's planned work in half a day and then knocked off home to work on his own home while I was paying fro a full day. I'd hope he'd get on with the next day's work or let me know he was at a loose end.
    You mean like they do? Last builder I had used to turn up and 10 ish and be gone before 3.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    How about asking PC? Ever gig he's ever had seems to have been dreadful and he comes from wales so should be able to give us suitable phrases in Welsh....
    But just imagine how good a gig will have to be for me not to moan about it?

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    Currently under my desk looking for the will to live!

Very grateful for being under contract but OMG this tulip!

Must read doodab's and wannadecentincome's threads and MTFU!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Task 1: CHRISTOPHER WALKEN IS WATCHING YOU PEE!

Task 2: JEFF GOLDBLUM IS WATCHING YOU POOP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X