• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Manners

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manners"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Yes, but there's also a refreshing lack of chips on shoulders
    he was reading the paper not having his fish supper

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I don't mind arrogant entitled gits. It's arrogant self-entitled gits that bug me. You can call me "sir" - now I'm self-entitled.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Er, helloooo The Tube is dahn London. No class, no manners, just a load of arrogant entitled gits.

HTH
    Yes, but there's also a refreshing lack of chips on shoulders

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    You do realise that she was also on the tube in London, right?

Or are you intentionally calling her an arrogant entitled git?

Nice work

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Er, helloooo The Tube is dahn London. No class, no manners, just a load of arrogant entitled gits.

HTH
    You do realise that she was also on the tube in London, right?

Or are you intentionally calling her an arrogant entitled git?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Most people have them....except when they are on the tube. Why is that?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think if someone was going to rest their paper on my head and do a puzzle
    I would hope they were doing a sudukio rather than a crossword or a 'spot the ball'.

plus , if they got stuck, it would only be polite if they asked you first

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have manners - I am a perfect gentleman. I always use my elbows.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    MP was the size difference enough that if you were standing facing each other you'd risk having an eye out when he looked at page 3?

I know where this is heading, you dirty scoundrel.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I thwacked it away and glared at him, he actually huffed at me and tried to move it back, till I asked him if he was effing serious.
    Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    MP was the size difference enough that if you were standing facing each other you'd risk having an eye out when he looked at page 3?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In fairness though, he was only reading the paper on your head, not staring down your top.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Seems reasonable to me, even good manners, that short people should help out us taller types by giving us somewhere to rest things, especially when forced to stand in close quarters.

Plus he was making more efficient use of the limited space available, and that improves over-crowding as well as saving money.

So I applaud him.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    In fairness though, he was only reading the paper on your head, not filling in the crossword.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Runs With Scissors View Post
    Known to older readers as a Bonanza......

lol. flashback time

There was this big Jock in the army, when we in the electronics training. He asked me who wrote auld lang syne, then put his ciggie out on my forearm when I didnt know. Robbie Burns, eh?
    So I bonanzered him in the naafi at half time. should have seen the f@ggot run

later that afternoon, I had to beat a hasty from the classroom when my boot laces mysteriously caught fire

the git

Leave a comment:

Working...
X