• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brain transplant

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brain transplant"

Collapse

• aardvark
    replied
    OK, maybe that one is a tad tricky - problems reconnecting nerves and all that stuff.

But what about the alimentary canal? They already remove bits and reconnect the soggy ends when people have bowel nasties.

Why not stomach and any other bits that are affected? Sounds simple enough to replace and reconnect the whole caboodle (or as much as needed) between oesophegus and rectum. Sort of scoop out the innards and replace with nice new healthy ones. No mess, no waste (and no peritonitis). Liver, kidneys, heart and lungs are already commonplace.

Aussie surgeons hope to perform first stomach transplant - Yahoo!7

Disclaimer: IANASurgeon. (and I am slightly drunk.)

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    I Will Fear No Evil - Robert Heinlein

Covers it pretty well. From somewhen in the late 60's early 70's

I used to like Robert Heinlein.

Mmmmm must dig it out for a re-read. "Number of the Beast" as well.
    I'll give "Stranger in a Strange Land" and "Starship Troopers" a miss though.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by aardvark View Post
    Why haven't they developed brain transplant technology yet?
    It's been done - you just unscrew the top of the head and pop a new one in.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    They're trying to reintroduce them into the wild, but I doubt if a Sasguru-transplant otter would have the intelligence to survive in the wild as fishing and even swimming would be beyond it.
    you could make otter-burgers with mushy peas

sounds quite nice actually

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    They're trying to reintroduce them into the wild, but I doubt if a Sasguru-transplant otter would have the intelligence to survive in the wild as fishing and even swimming would be beyond it.
    CUK's retarded squirrel seems to do ok.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Who would have any use for a retarded otter though?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    ITaking Sasgurus brain out of that environment would never work, unless it was transplanted into something much smaller, like an otter for example. or a vole
    Who would have any use for a retarded otter though?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Long queue here.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Feasible according to one quack.

'First human head transplant now possible', neurosurgeon claims - Telegraph

I'm not sure the picture lends the idea any credibility though.
    I understand the biggest obstacle is finding enough lightning to complete the transfer.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's been done. Johnny Vegas had his head grafted onto a clone of my body.
    ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's been done. I had my head grafted onto a clone of Johhny Vegas.
    I can't believe they put it on the wrong end

Leave a comment:

• aardvark
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I think the hard bit, technologically speaking, is gettin a good fit.

take someone with a pea brain for example. It wobbles around on the end of the spinal column and is a grave danger as it thrashes around unless it is constrained by a thick layer of crap. Taking Sasgurus brain out of that environment would never work, unless it was transplanted into something much smaller, like an otter for example. or a vole
    Cross species transplants? Woof.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Why haven't they developed brain transplant technology yet? Take some young person with a good brain whose body is knackered, and drop their noggin into the head of someone who's brain dead (not necessarily from this forum). Might be a bit weird for a bit looking like someone else, but that's a minor inconvenience, and could even be a plus if you get the Brad Pitt lookylike.
    I think the hard bit, technologically speaking, is gettin a good fit.

take someone with a pea brain for example. It wobbles around on the end of the spinal column and is a grave danger as it thrashes around unless it is constrained by a thick layer of crap. Taking Sasgurus brain out of that environment would never work, unless it was transplanted into something much smaller, like an otter for example. or a vole

Leave a comment:

• aardvark
    replied
    Feasible according to one quack.

'First human head transplant now possible', neurosurgeon claims - Telegraph

I'm not sure the picture lends the idea any credibility though.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Why haven't they developed brain transplant technology yet? Take some young person with a good brain whose body is knackered, and drop their noggin into the head of someone who's brain dead (not necessarily from this forum). Might be a bit weird for a bit looking like someone else, but that's a minor inconvenience, and could even be a plus if you get the Brad Pitt lookylike.
    It's been done. I had my head grafted onto a clone of Johhny Vegas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X