• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor till I die - last invoice now posted"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In a couple of days, it will be one year that this thread was started. That seems an appropriate point to making it unsticky.
    Aye, he didn't get long enough.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    In a couple of days, it will be one year that this thread was started. That seems an appropriate point to making it unsticky.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Not been around much of late, but very saddened by this news.
    I've poured a large one and am raising my glass to you Doodab.
    X
    I got busy with a new contract around the time this thread started.. Now 7 months later I visit and read he is no more.
    Life is so fleeting and temporary. Hope he made the best of his last days. R.I.P.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Mark at the Pearly Gates

Mark Is met at the Pearly Gates by a brass band.
    Saint Peter runs over, shakes his hand and says “Congratulations!”
    “Congratulations for what?” asks Mark
    “Congratulations for what?” says Saint Peter. “We are celebrating the fact that you lived to be 160 years old.”
    “But that’s not true,” says the consultant. “I only lived to be forty.”
    “That’s impossible,” says Saint Peter, “we added up your time sheets!”

If you laughed donate here - https://www.justgiving.com/William-Hodges2/

if not donate here - https://www.justgiving.com/William-Hodges2/

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think he said he wouldn't wanted it publicized. Knowing their dad had been virtually hanging out with us lot of weirdos is probably something best kept quiet.
    Indeed:

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    CUK is definitely stating separate from my family life.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    It would be good for them to know hes been the inspiration behind it and also with all 3 pages he's managed to raise almost 2500 quid so far!
    I think he said he wouldn't wanted it publicized. Knowing their dad had been virtually hanging out with us lot of weirdos is probably something best kept quiet.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've never known anyone complain about receiving sympathy cards and phone calls in a "drip-drip-drip"! In my experience people like the human touch, etc.

I assume Mark's family have also been given the link to the CUKBook JG page?
    It would be good for them to know hes been the inspiration behind it and also with all 3 pages he's managed to raise almost 2500 quid so far!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've never known anyone complain about receiving sympathy cards and phone calls in a "drip-drip-drip"! In my experience people like the human touch, etc.

I assume Mark's family have also been given the link to the CUKBook JG page?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I imagine it is also very easy to give directly to both of those and cut out the "agent's cut" to justgiving... Depending if you just want to give, or want his family to know you are giving (another option being to give directly and PM chef if he's ok with that)
    Justgiving's fees are pretty fair

https://www.justgiving.com/fees/
    WmsS. JustGiving aren't Goldman Sachs.

If anything, it's better to give through them. doodab's father has chosen to use them, and you should respect his choice. It means that he can keep track of donations in one place at a time of his choosing, rather than endure a drip-drip-drip of individual responses, each well-meant, but each, on arriving individually, cutting like a knife as it reminds him of his family's loss.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I imagine it is also very easy to give directly to both of those and cut out the "agent's cut" to justgiving... Depending if you just want to give, or want his family to know you are giving (another option being to give directly and PM chef if he's ok with that)
    Justgiving's fees are pretty fair

https://www.justgiving.com/fees/

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Make sure you do it via the company books, folks. It's what he would have wanted.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Good show CUKkers - we couldn't help doodab (not directly anyway, I like to think that CUK was in some way therapeutic ), but we can help the people who did help him. Hopefully it's nice for his family to know how well regarded he was too.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What MSS

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Thanks for passing on Chef !
    Make sure you do it via the company books, folks. It's what he would have wanted.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Marks dad has set up 2 just giving pages.

The chosen charities are Cancer Research UK, in the hope that a combination of prevention, earlier detection and more successful treatments could spare the lives of others.

The other is St Raphael’s Hospice in North Cheam, where Mark spent his last few days and was well looked after, as best he could be, by the caring and dedicated team.

http://www.justgiving.com/William-Hodges1

http://www.justgiving.com/William-Hodges2
    Thanks for passing on Chef !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X