• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Road Rage!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Road Rage!!!"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I thought you said that you were in your thirties?
    Sas, MF and a few others admit they are (very) old.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Adaptive cruise control which automatically adjusts your speed to the car in front would be very nice in this situation.
    That feature is fantastic until some knob thinks "Ooh look someones leaving a sensible gap in the traffic! I had better dive into it!!!"

In a normal car you would just drift back a bit, but in a car with histrionic controls, it hits the brakes hard to avoid an accident and to correct your distance as set. The driver won't really care or notice but it scares anyone stupid enough to be tailgating him senseless

Which is why kiddies: You should not tailgate brand new very expensive cars… Was on the M4 yesterday and there was a really nice blue F430 complete with an Audi stuck 2 foot off his rear bumper. Why the **** would anyone be that silly?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I saw exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago on my way to Bristol going over the top of the Mendips. Long, straight road, national speed limit,nothing coming the opposite way.

There were 2 cars in front of me. First car was doing about 35-40 mph. car in front of me pulls out to overtake but is blocked by the front car because he pulled right across into the other carriageway. This was repeated several times with the driver of the second car ending up madly gesticulating and blasting his horn.

Just couldn't believe anyone could act like such a dick. Anyhow, took the car's number and reported him to the police.
    Yes but thats about the norm down here. With the favourite move being to try and race up the inside of the car that is overtaking to ensure they are driven toward the oncoming traffic…

Small minded would be an understatement.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Never said that.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well it's been > 25 years. Not surprisingly my insurance is lowish

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    You just haven't been driving long enough. Admittedly I've had a couple that were my fault.

But a couple that standout ...

1. Heavy traffic on a dual carridgeway, I was queing round the island to turn right. Some old boy in a fiesta decided to race a van. Problem was my car was in his lane. ... Oh before you jump in... My car was stationary and had been so for at least 30 seconds. Funny part was that he tried to do a runner ... I was in a late model BMW 7 series, not much of a contest.

2. Driving through a parking at quite low speed heading for the exit. Chap pulled out into my car... caught the rear wheel with his bumper.

And of course the famous rear shunt at an Island...

I think you are tempting fate with your zero accident claim ....
    Well it's been > 25 years. Not surprisingly my insurance is lowish

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've never had an accident, which is surprising because I drive like a ****.
    All the accidents happen behind you.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Its also the same idiots that flash you after you've overtaken them safely... Why??
    Coz you woke them up from their slumber? Maybe the driver was carefully applying makeup and you destroyed it? Imagine what her friends at the party would say? Then again you could brake hard after they flash and shove that vanity kit up their mouth..
    I blatantly overtake people driving slow on good roads with good visibility. I know I will get a lot of flak for this, but I hate slow drivers, especially in peak rush hours. Traffic is moving along, throw in some old milkshake with a permanent grimace on his face, and suddenly there is panic breaking and missing you traffic signals. And bus drivers trying to leave this bus lane and merge in the car lane just because our traffic signal turned green!
    Last edited by tranceporter; 6 December 2013, 14:34.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    just for info I've had one accident in my driving career that was a "dickhead" not paying attention and rammed into the back of me. I drive as though all road users are dicks and drive defensivley, leave long stopping distance etc.
    I've never had an accident, which is surprising because I drive like a ****.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That made me spit my tea. Ta!
    Any time

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    There just seems to be a lot of rage around these days in this country.
    I had someone almost crash into me a few months ago. He stopped his car and screamed abuse. I kept driving and ignored him. I noticed as I was about to park at a friend's house he was following me.

I was driving there to drop kit off and had a sword, an axe, a spear, a dagger and a buckler (heavy metal shield the size of a dinner plate) as well as various bits of armour.

I got out of the car and started walking towards him and it turned out to be a different car, some young girl was driving it and she happened to be driving to the same car park.

It is a shame, I would love to have seen his face if he got out of his car and walked over and saw me walking back to my car and then coming back with a sword.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well, the Dutch did invent Big Brother.

Actually, I did experience a rage incident over there a couple of years ago. There was this horrible little midget in the Bulldog (I think) with one eye pointing the opposite way to the other. Like Marty Feldman. Anyhow, I thought he was talking to me when he said what do you want & he went completely ballistic when I tried to order when he was addressing someone else...
    That made me spit my tea. Ta!

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Same here in NL, I don't know the cause either. How about the daily glorification of chav culture in the popular meejah?
    Well, the Dutch did invent Big Brother.

Actually, I did experience a rage incident over there a couple of years ago. There was this horrible little midget in the Bulldog (I think) with one eye pointing the opposite way to the other. Like Marty Feldman. Anyhow, I thought he was talking to me when he said what do you want & he went completely ballistic when I tried to order when he was addressing someone else...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There just seems to be a lot of rage around these days in this country.

Been on the receiving end of a couple of things recently like the pool rage incident I posted about.

Just had a mail from client co (energy co) warning us not to wear our ID tags in public as people have been verbally abused and (on a couple of occasions) physically assaulted just for working here.

Never seen this sort of thing in the years I worked abroad. Don't know why it is but I guess it's a combination of having a large Chav underclass and everyone living on top of each other.
    Same here in NL, I don't know the cause either. How about the daily glorification of chav culture in the popular meejah?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    My dad was a copper. He kept a spare helmet in the car that he cheerfully held up for the other motorists to see if they were playing up - worked every time ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X