• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So were you speeding?
    So if someone is speeding any knob is allowed to obstruct them? Its not the point.

Comment

But I can't stand drivers who speed
      Don't worry about it. They're mostly a danger to themselves.

Or drivers who use their mobile phones while driving.
      Agreed

The laws are there for a reason.
      I trust you're being ironic here / Yes officer, I know that, I'm really sorry *

* Delete as appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        So if someone is speeding any knob is allowed to obstruct them? Its not the point.
        The point is if you're an impatient, speeding driver you're not much better than a road-rage dickhead. Both attitudes cause accidents.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I saw exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago on my way to Bristol going over the top of the Mendips. Long, straight road, national speed limit,nothing coming the opposite way.

There were 2 cars in front of me. First car was doing about 35-40 mph. car in front of me pulls out to overtake but is blocked by the front car because he pulled right across into the other carriageway. This was repeated several times with the driver of the second car ending up madly gesticulating and blasting his horn.

Just couldn't believe anyone could act like such a dick. Anyhow, took the car's number and reported him to the police.

Comment

The road was clear, other cars were driving below the speed limit, I was not tailgating, I indicated. There was no reason for this guy to pull out dangerously. If he had not I would have continued on my merry way and this would have been a non incident.

Comment

We've already agreed that the other driver was a dick.
              But I can't stand drivers who speed.
              Or drivers who use their mobile phones while driving.
              The laws are there for a reason.
              I think if you momentarily and slightly exceed the speed limit while overtaking, in order to complete the overtaking quickly and safely and then return to the speed limit, it's a bit over the top to get upset about that. I'd like to see a bit more attention paid to the kind of really aggressive driving that causes accidents instead of the simplistic speed camera approach, whether it's the deliberate 'getting in the way' of other road users or over the top overtaking. Some people seem to see rush hour traffic as some kind of competition where they have to get one over other people. That's sad and dangerous, and if those people can be identified by their behaviour by sensible, experienced police drivers in unmarked cars then they should be removed from the road and at the very least, spoken to very sternly and where necessary lose their licenses until they can demonstrate more control of their emotions.

Agree 100% on mobile phone use and even more so for people sending messages from the car; there's no way you can concentrate with Stupidphone (TM) distracting you.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The point is if you're an impatient, speeding driver you're not much better than a road-rage dickhead. Both attitudes cause accidents.
                Ah I see.

You can speed without being impatient, which I don't see as a big problem

Or you can be impatient, which would lead you to speed AND drive dangerously, and I do agree with you that this is highly dangerous

Comment

The bit about "when you're overtaking, do it quickly"... does that imply that going slightly over the limit to more safely affect a pass is OK, or does it mean that you shouldn't overtake unless the person in front is going significantly under the limit so that the same speed differential exists?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                    Could not believe this....

Driving into work this morning I had 3-4 cars in front of me and the front car was driving slowly. So as the road was straight and clear ( I could easily see far ahead) I pulled out accelerating. Passed 1, 2, 3 just about to pass the fourth car and the prick pulls out into the middle of the road, forcing me to ram on the brakes. I was gobsmacked. He then proceeded to deliberatly block me from passing. weaving left and right to stop me passing!!!!

I was full beam and blaring the horn and eventually got passed but I'm still fumingmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

Reported him on 101 but don't think I got the reg correct
                    If it's any consolation, sooner or later the twat will try that stunt with the wrong car and end up being deliberately rammed.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I generally don't get road rage. However, once when I was driving home from our honeymoon we were on a single carriage road with steep backs either side approaching a hill. As I came over the hill there was a solid column of traffic (about 6 cars or so) coming towards me and midway along that column was a car in my lane heading towards me.

I cannot remember the exact speeds but I was probably doing between 50 and 60 and there was not enough room between the road and the rise to get out of the way of the oncoming car and there were cars next to me in the oncoming lane. My last words were very nearly "That's inconvenient". Thankfully the people in column realised things had gone pair shaped and the relevant cars managed to make enough of a gap for him to swerve into and avoid a high speed head to head.

That was one time where I was quite annoyed,
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X