• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

badger may be suprised by the Police response. If it came down to his word against the guy who pulled out, and the drivers behind heard about it then they may come forward. Of course, they may consider that him charging past them in a queue of traffic pissed them off enough to not side with him.

Aggressive driving can carry the charge of Dangerous Driving.
    Flashing of lights to force drivers in front to give way could carry the charge of Inconsiderate Driving.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Happy with it? Recommend it?
      Yep...highly recommended. It is permanently mounted in the car.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Was it an Audi driver? I hate those ****ers with a passion. I also hate people who come onto the motorway and go straight into the middle lane, I nearly took someone out last week when they did that. I also hate those ****ers that sit in the right hand lane then realise that, oh, thats my exit and then shoot straight over, like they only turn off there every day, ****ers.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
          Could not believe this....

Driving into work this morning I had 3-4 cars in front of me and the front car was driving slowly. So as the road was straight and clear ( I could easily see far ahead) I pulled out accelerating. Passed 1, 2, 3 just about to pass the fourth car and the prick pulls out into the middle of the road, forcing me to ram on the brakes. I was gobsmacked. He then proceeded to deliberatly block me from passing. weaving left and right to stop me passing!!!!

I was full beam and blaring the horn and eventually got passed but I'm still fumingmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

Reported him on 101 but don't think I got the reg correct

Perhaps he was after an insurance claim?

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            Maybe but I am sure you agree that that does not make it less fecking insanely stupid?
            Oh aye! Completely agree.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Was it an Audi driver? I hate those ****ers with a passion.
              Middle managers´ cars. Enough said.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

oi

I just bought a q7

going to FaM with the Mrs Benes tomorrow for the weekend, so we should be able to test it on the auto bahn

Milan.

Comment

I have had this experience too.

It is interesting that they can have the time and space to block but not exercise such manoeuvres without actually overtaking themselves!

If their motive was annoyance at your ability to make progress but they couldn't then the blocking is simple belligerence as the time, effort and power usage could have been used to overtake the slower vehicle.

It is plain and simply dangerous and if observed by a traffic officer they would be in trouble.

Of course the piece of info missing in this is the car you are driving. Often this can influence the reaction of the blocker

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Was it an Audi driver? I hate those ****ers with a passion. I also hate people who come onto the motorway and go straight into the middle lane, I nearly took someone out last week when they did that. I also hate those ****ers that sit in the right hand lane then realise that, oh, thats my exit and then shoot straight over, like they only turn off there every day, ****ers.
                    Surprisingly its wasn't an Audi. Some Peugeot estate model.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      If you have to speed to overtake that indicates the car(s) you're overtaking aren't going that slowly and you're being impatient. ...
                      Not necessarily - If the car in front is consistently stooging along at 55 in a 60 MPH zone, it's quite reasonable to want to overtake. But as this takes a fair distance, it's equally reasonable to want to toe it and complete the manoeuvre quickly if approaching a bend or if oncoming traffic is visible in the distance.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X