• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This whole thread reminds me of a mate who's had had >5 accidents in his driving career.
    He claims that's because there are too many dickheads on the road.
    My response is you may be right but if you know there are dickheads then drive defensively like you expect everyone is a dickhead and you'll have zero accidents like me.
    Otherwise you're a dickhead.
    That's the bit where we realised your post was made up
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      I drive as though all road users are dicks and drive defensivley, leave long stopping distance, try to overtake queues of 4 or 5 cars at a time, use my highbeams and lean on the horn if I don't like how others drive, etc
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I treat every other road user as if they're an idiot and might do something stupid any minute, that way you're always cautious.
        Sensible.

Although I saw this the other day which was quite interesting.

An American tribute to British drivers | Judd Birdsall | Comment is free | theguardian.com
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Maybe, but then I usually just let people go and then pass them again when the motorway's a bit quieter.
          I did that the other day.

The bint in the C2 wasn't impressed when I over took her 10 miles later.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            You've pulled there SAS

So it's Badgers fault then?
            Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What's to say in Badger's case he wouldn't have been able to deal with this without affecting the other cars?
            Badger may well have dealt with it without affecting anyone else, and I'm not saying the extreme reaction from the other driver was his fault.

My point was the tone was that of being on the unprovoked receiving end of poor driving behaviour .

Sas's point was that the OPs driving behaviour may have been equally poor, though not as dangerous ( in this scenario) as the the other driver.

I agree (which, Suity,is not the same as being pulled! )

The reaction was extreme and dangerous in the scenario described, and if any of the posters had been in the lead car and someone 4 cars back came flying past the queue, they would have had no reaction / waved them politely in wouldn't they !
            If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

There just seems to be a lot of rage around these days in this country.

Been on the receiving end of a couple of things recently like the pool rage incident I posted about.

Just had a mail from client co (energy co) warning us not to wear our ID tags in public as people have been verbally abused and (on a couple of occasions) physically assaulted just for working here.

Never seen this sort of thing in the years I worked abroad. Don't know why it is but I guess it's a combination of having a large Chav underclass and everyone living on top of each other.

Comment

My dad was a copper. He kept a spare helmet in the car that he cheerfully held up for the other motorists to see if they were playing up - worked every time ...

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  There just seems to be a lot of rage around these days in this country.

Been on the receiving end of a couple of things recently like the pool rage incident I posted about.

Just had a mail from client co (energy co) warning us not to wear our ID tags in public as people have been verbally abused and (on a couple of occasions) physically assaulted just for working here.

Never seen this sort of thing in the years I worked abroad. Don't know why it is but I guess it's a combination of having a large Chav underclass and everyone living on top of each other.
                  Same here in NL, I don't know the cause either. How about the daily glorification of chav culture in the popular meejah?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Same here in NL, I don't know the cause either. How about the daily glorification of chav culture in the popular meejah?
                    Well, the Dutch did invent Big Brother.

Actually, I did experience a rage incident over there a couple of years ago. There was this horrible little midget in the Bulldog (I think) with one eye pointing the opposite way to the other. Like Marty Feldman. Anyhow, I thought he was talking to me when he said what do you want & he went completely ballistic when I tried to order when he was addressing someone else...

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                      Well, the Dutch did invent Big Brother.

Actually, I did experience a rage incident over there a couple of years ago. There was this horrible little midget in the Bulldog (I think) with one eye pointing the opposite way to the other. Like Marty Feldman. Anyhow, I thought he was talking to me when he said what do you want & he went completely ballistic when I tried to order when he was addressing someone else...
                      That made me spit my tea. Ta!
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X